Link: FSU Francois suffers season-ending patella tendon injury

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Yeah, as his leg was twisting while going down I thought immediately that it was the end for him. A real shame. I think that ends any chance of a rematch with them in the playoff. It looks like Clemson will win another ACC title now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I hate that. I love the fact that we played a great team on opening day, but look at the physical results.
We lose two linebackers and FSU loses their QB for the season...and please, no.."That could happen against anybody"..
We both basically played what could be both our most physical games of the season, and yes, it cost both teams in a big way.
It hurt them more than us, but still, maybe we should slow down just a bit.

The national championship isn't won in week one, but you can dang sure lose the chance to win it.

Ask FSU.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Bad news, I feel so bad for that kid. He was a strong and talented player, I hope he gets a full recovery for the future.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Was hoping it was not that bad but last night, there was really no other conclusion to reach. Hope for the best for him, he is a talented QB.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Re: Dondre francios out the rest of season

I hate it for him. I'm no FSU fan, but you can't help but respect a kid that kept getting back up after the beating he took last season and in yesterday's game. Tough as nails and played his tail off. Hope he comes back better than ever.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Man this sucks for the kid. They could have had a really good year.

Now all we will hear after they lose 2-3 games that they were not any good.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Sad news. You've gotta feel terrible for the kid and for FSU, but injuries can happen against any caliber of opponent. I'll never forget losing Brodie Croyle for the season when he tore his ACL against Western Carolina.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Sad news. You've gotta feel terrible for the kid and for FSU, but injuries can happen against any caliber of opponent. I'll never forget losing Brodie Croyle for the season when he tore his ACL against Western Carolina.
Yes. Wasn't that a non-contact injury? I seem to recall Brodie rolling out and just falling to the turf without even being hit by an opposing player.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I hate that. I love the fact that we played a great team on opening day, but look at the physical results.
We lose two linebackers and FSU loses their QB for the season...and please, no.."That could happen against anybody"..
We both basically played what could be both our most physical games of the season, and yes, it cost both teams in a big way.
It hurt them more than us, but still, maybe we should slow down just a bit.

The national championship isn't won in week one, but you can dang sure lose the chance to win it.

Ask FSU.
First, no offense to you Sip.
Injuries CAN happen against anybody. They can and do happen in practice.
It's just a part of the game.

You can lose a National Championship in the first week or the last play of the Championship game, or any game during the season.

The team and coaching staff just have to deal with it best they can.

I hope all can have a successful surgery and rehab and come back stronger.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.