Link: FSU Francois suffers season-ending patella tendon injury

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is horrible news and exactly what I feared when they helped him off last night. The kid is an absolute warrior at QB.

I know he won my respect last year starting with the Ole Miss game and then after seeing him take hit after hit in just about any FSU game you caught on TV... and he kept getting up and battling.

I told my Dad all week it wouldn't matter how many times we hit him it would not rattle him. The best we could hope for was the disruption of plays. He was under pressure all night too and kept stepping up in the pocket and making throws. That kid is one tough son-of-a-gun.

Man I feel bad for him. Hope he makes a 100% recovery and then some.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
I really feel sad for this kid, hopefully he will come back next year with a vengeance. This type of injury could just as easily happen to our guy. Yeah it's tough to think about but he does take some mean licks. Thank goodness for Tua and hopefully he won't be thrown into the fire because of an injury. I just hope Tua gets a good amount of playing time if a game gets out of hand. Anytime I see the starting QB still in the game during a blowout I remember back in the day when we had the big lead on Western Carolina and instead of removing Brodie from the game and allowing the backup QB to get some meaningful reps Brodie went down with an ACl which ended his season. Not trying to be a jinx, really don't believe in that anyhow.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Best wishes for physical and mental healing for each of the seriously injured. This must be just as painful mentally after all the preparation and anticipation of the season to have it taken away in the first game. A truly unfortunate situation.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
FSU has the kind of defense that will keep them in games while their backup QB figures it out. Good luck to him, but if this one lost player costs them a championship they were never really ready anyway. Francois is good, but not nearly a Watson type talent.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I really hate it for the young man, praying for a full and swift healing and recovery.

As far as the ACC goes, to me it just puts the three top teams in a situation that no one may make it to the playoffs even moreso. I'm still not sold on Clemson ... they have two potential games they could lose in the next two weeks with the Barn and Louisville. And then they still have to make it by FSU and South Carolina as well. The team that may have a better now to win the ACC just solely due to their schedule is now Louisville. Just going to be a crazy season for the ACC this year unfortunately.

May 4, 2003
Larnaca, Cyprus
FSU has the kind of defense that will keep them in games while their backup QB figures it out. Good luck to him, but if this one lost player costs them a championship they were never really ready anyway. Francois is good, but not nearly a Watson type talent.
I don't know, I truly believe that if either Eddie Jackson or SDH are on the field against Clemson we don't lose that game.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know, I truly believe that if either Eddie Jackson or SDH are on the field against Clemson we don't lose that game.
I agree - with either on the field, Alabama wins. You lost two key defensive players down the stretch and a third during the game itself (Bo). I said the loss of one player.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.