Given injury news today, a rethinking of schedule/practice structure is needed

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Thats sad to here our own fan base is scared to play other strong teams.
With the way you word it, one could assume you are missing the point. The thing is the fan base doesn't have to play.

Also, if you actually listened to everything Nick Saban says, you'd see he specifically says there's only so many big games a team is capable of playing. You'd also see he almost always schedules FCS/cupcakes. So, from my perspective, personally. I'm not saying don't play a big game. I am however saying to anyone who complains about the FCS opponent or what not, to may be pay more attention...

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Games like last night are lauded as a way to build your playoff resume but what really came of it last night? As far as I can tell from my recliner is that we put two of the four or five most talented teams in the nation on the field and let them chew each other up. It didn't benefit either team to play this game.

It has likely ruined FSU's title chances in one fell swoop: they must win out and they must do it without their starting quarterback. Good luck with that. Congrats on having one of the best staffs and rosters in football, you just got railroaded in game one. Good luck next year, hopefully you won't be playing a game to make Disney a ton of money that does you no good at all.

Alabama has lost two key defensive players for the season and three others are dinged up in varying degrees that will limit availability for upwards a month in the worst cases. If we were going to TAMU in the next couple of weeks or playing LSU or Auburn then we may have been in a pretty dang precarious position. Even so, we may have put a serious dint into our ceiling as a defense.

In another topic I talked about joint practices as a way to mediate the need for a preseason without it being a real NFL-like preseason. I think this is absolutely necessary. We're fortunate that both starting QBs weren't knocked out last night given how inadequate pass protection was against those nasty defenses. There has got to be a way to sharpen the knives before we go to war against teams like Florida State if this is gonna be the norm in college football.

Am I off my rocker or just mad?
Maybe they should've played Western Carolina and have Francois run out of bounds to avoid unnecessary hits.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.