Texas A&M at UCLA Game Thread (aka The Hot Seat Bowl)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Agree on Mizzou, but I'm happy we added aTm. Lot of money and a cult mentality came with them............
FIFY.

IOW, just like API, but with more $$$$$. :biggrin2:

(You should have seen this one coming, bub. You left a gaping hole a blind old coot can drive a truck through.)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
A&M and Mizzou do not belong in the SEC.
I don't mind A&M so much, but I'd drop Mizzou in a heartbeat if i was conference chancellor for a day. They are a cancer of a school as far as I am concerned, and they certainly have no business being in the "East". They have zero relationship to any schools in the conference with the exception of Arky and, of course, aTm. ESPN tries to make South Carolina their rival in broadcasts, presumably because both capitals are "Columbia". That is how lame it is.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't mind A&M so much, but I'd drop Mizzou in a heartbeat if i was conference chancellor for a day. They are a cancer of a school as far as I am concerned, and they certainly have no business being in the "East". They have zero relationship to any schools in the conference with the exception of Arky and, of course, aTm. ESPN tries to make South Carolina their rival in broadcasts, presumably because both capitals are "Columbia". That is how lame it is.
I absolutely agree with this. I'd drop Mizzou and pick up VA tech, Clemson, Or West Virginia. Any of those teams feel like an SEC fan base more than Mizzou.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
When Missouri plays South Carolina, I call it the "We're only In the SEC because they needed a warm body to stay at an even number" Bowl.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I absolutely agree with this. I'd drop Mizzou and pick up VA tech, Clemson, Or West Virginia. Any of those teams feel like an SEC fan base more than Mizzou.
And the conference would be worse for it... I agree with the notion that Virginia Tech and West Virginia seem more like SEC schools, but mark my words, you replace South Carolina and Missouri with those schools and the result will not be a desirable one.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
And the conference would be worse for it... I agree with the notion that Virginia Tech and West Virginia seem more like SEC schools, but mark my words, you replace South Carolina and Missouri with those schools and the result will not be a desirable one.

I can see that you have never been to Morgantown.

First, you fly into Pittsburgh. And then you get on a bus................

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.