Hurricane Irma......

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I hope the models that have it circling back out are the ones that are right. Otherwise South FL might be in a mess.

Edit I don't even see those models anymore. Miami looks like it could be in the bullseye.

Last edited:

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Good luck Bazza and all Floridians.

As an animal lover, please keep a look out for a small water logged monkey.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I just called the local Wawa and confirmed they still have available non-ethanol gas at their pumps. I have a whole bunch of gas cans in my truck and am headed out there later to fill them all up for use in my generator.

I have a small window AC unit I can run off an extension cord from my generator if need be as well as my fridge, microwave, cell phone charger, and TV providing we still have cable. I also have a digital antennae I can hook up and a couple transistor radios...and plenty of food and water.

My Mom lives here in town and I can bring her over to the barrier island with me if need be. My house is a 1 story block built in the 60's and located up on a dune ridge so no worries on any tidal surge or flooding.

Also, we have our own utilities company and they are very well versed in resolving outages.

This wouldn't be the first time I hunkered down.

I hate these nasty storms.....unpredictable as Hades and bring nothing but destruction and pain.

You know in all the hurricanes we've had...we've never lost water. All the people in the stores buying bottled water.....makes me wonder a bit....

Thoughts and prayers to all in Irma's path....stay safe!

I just called the local Wawa and confirmed they still have available non-ethanol gas at their pumps. I have a whole bunch of gas cans in my truck and am headed out there later to fill them all up for use in my generator.

I have a small window AC unit I can run off an extension cord from my generator if need be as well as my fridge, microwave, cell phone charger, and TV providing we still have cable. I also have a digital antennae I can hook up and a couple transistor radios...and plenty of food and water.

My Mom lives here in town and I can bring her over to the barrier island with me if need be. My house is a 1 story block built in the 60's and located up on a dune ridge so no worries on any tidal surge or flooding.

Also, we have our own utilities company and they are very well versed in resolving outages.

I hate these nasty storms.....unpredictable as Hades and bring nothing but destruction and pain.

You know in all the hurricanes we've had...we've never lost water. All the people in the stores buying bottled water.....makes me wonder a bit....

B, this may be crazy. Hopefully this passes all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Or you could take a week off, head to TTown....have some BBQ and wait it out....

One way, we are sure you survive....

Be safe....every time we tell Mother Nature "we can handle you" she Replies with "oh yeah?"

Be safe man....

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is one bad hurricane. Many buildings will not be able to withstand it. Everyone should consider now how much they value life and if they have a safe place to ride it out. If your confidence is shaky, I urge you to board up and leave. Be safe, guys.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This thing is up over 175mph according to the last report.
While not uncommon, that's what Andrew was at when it hit south FL 25 years ago. My dad worked with a beverage company at the time and rode down there to deliver bottled water. He took a few pictures (this was before the convenience of digital cameras / phones, so not many pics) but said it looked like pictures of Hiroshima down there...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.