Tua should get playing time. There, I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
I find it amazing people are calling for Tua to replace Hurts after one game.
I'm not calling for Tua to replace Hurts. I'm saying he needs playing time because Hurts might not be the answer.

They made the right choice starting Hurts last year. But they bent over backwards trying to give it to Barnett, who, if you ask me, was inept and couldn't hold Tua's jock.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
You are referring to Spring game... Think about that for a minute... Now why would you want to compare Spring game and FSU game?
I can tell you didn't watch the game,because anyone with decent knowledge would know that OL didn't give Hurts time to throw the ball.
It's not that simple. Your assuming every time Hurts took off, it was due to pressure. In some instances, had he stayed in pocket and scanned the field, he would have had open receivers to throw to.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I find your loyalty to the starter commendable in a lot of ways. And we don't want to do anything to hurt the young man's confidence.

That said, we need to put the five star in that went 17-29 for 329 yards and 3 touchdowns the only time we ever saw him play. Fresh off the bus from high school , wet behind the ears, and still learning the playbook. And playing against the Bama 2nd team D, which is probably a top 20 defense most years.

Yet I never here anyone admit the obvious... it was the best frosh QB spring performance at Denny Stadium ever. NOT even close.

We had 80 yards passing the other night. 80. That's not a passing game.

For all we know, given some live action, Tua might be throwing for 350 - 400. Jalens had 16 games now. That's 16.

Give Tua a quarter a game and I'll bet you by Auburn we have a deadly weapon.
We have tons of deadly weapons. All we need is someone to get them the ball and not lose the game. Jalen is that and much more. We just dominated the 3rd ranked team in the country. Perspective...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'm not calling for Tua to replace Hurts. I'm saying he needs playing time because Hurts might not be the answer.

They made the right choice starting Hurts last year. But they bent over backwards trying to give it to Barnett, who, if you ask me, was inept and couldn't hold Tua's jock.
Lol at "bent over backwards". I guess if two series counts as bending over backwards, then...

Barnett was never going to be the starter. It was always the plan to play Hurts.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
We have tons of deadly weapons. All we need is someone to get them the ball and not lose the game. Jalen is that and much more. We just dominated the 3rd ranked team in the country. Perspective...
My last comment on this thread. We didn't dominate anyone. And our offense certainly did not.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll say this: It was noticeable that certain bad habits like giving up on plays and running/not being able to go through progressions fast enough/not pulling the trigger etc are still an issue.

BUT...The OL did Jalen pretty much no favors all night. He was under constant duress yet never made a horrible play or decision to put us in a bind. He did make 1 HUGE Pass for a TD....and another one that was dropped.

It's still a work in progress situation (the passing game) but it's a group issue...The re-worked and not finalized OL, Jalen, New WR's AND a New OC are trying to gel. Let's give it some time.

Honest to god even when I was a tad frustrated about certain plays at NO point did Tua's name even cross my mind. Jalen's the starter....he's earned it.

If we are passing for less than 100 yards every game and (especially late in the season) then we should probably revisit this topic, but right now it's ridiculous.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Some of our fans here have lost their mind. What is the #1 goal of any QB?

Lead his team to a win. Jalen has done this 15 out of 16 games. And the 1 loss we put up 30+ points and he scored a TD to put us ahead the last opportunity that he had to do anything about us winning. Some of you are hung up on stats. I have seen lots of QBs put up big stats against us to only lose because they turned the ball over too. Give me a winner every time. Screw the stats until it costs us a game. That has yet to happen with Jalen at QB.

I am holding back what I really want to say!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Then what is the point? If you are saying that he should get PT against a lesser opponent then no one is against you on that argument, but thinking he should've got meaningful PT in the FSU game is just plain ludicrous.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
Tua will get plenty of PT the next 3 or 4 games.Jalen will get plenty of numbers in those same 3 games.Looking forward to seeing them both flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.