Game Thread: Tennessee Vs D A Baxter (Ga Tech)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That was an incredibly soft 3rd down catch and run by a big body receiver. I get how a guy like Ridley can be thudded down...that kid ought to fight through.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Sticking with the SEC on this one. Don't like butch, don't like Tennessee, but dang it, Peyton Manning is hilarious when he appears in any commercial or sketch and Dobbs is now playing for the wifes team now, soooooooooo beat the ACC at the "neutral" site about 5 miles from their home stadium.
Yah, those other SEC teams have always been soooo supportive of Alabama...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
That was an incredibly soft 3rd down catch and run by a big body receiver. I get how a guy like Ridley can be thudded down...that kid ought to fight through.
Yeah, I thought for sure he had the first down. Maybe Tenn players are soft like I have been hearing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tech should still be in the SEC. Probably unpopular but that's my opinion. They got mad over that and Dodd took his ball and went elsewhere.
Well, Dodd legitimately got mad over the 140 rule for scholarships. In fact, Alabama's President broke with Coach Bryant who SUPPORTED DODD'S position on scholarships. (The 140 rule stated you could have 140 scholarship athletes for football and men's b-ball - note that things like Title IX, passed in 1972, would later affect this stuff).

The Holt-Graining incident was played up by the press (Bisher) because they got jealous of Bryant beating them. Dodd didn't want to leave the SEC, but he felt he had no choice and couldn't compete.

It was a colossal mistake as everyone involved even at Tech today now admits. If they'd just been patient, Tech would still be in the SEC today and who knows - maybe S Carolina wouldn't....

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
As much as I'd love to see them both lose, I'll pull for UT in games like this all day. For one thing, I'd like to see the ACC knocked down a peg. They win a championship and the rest of the conference gets mouthy. Any dose of humility they can get is entertaining to me.

I'd also love to see the puke orange roll into TTown in October ranked and thinking they have a shot. It makes the fallout that much sweeter when we crush their spirit.

Eventually the Lols will lose to us one too many times and snap. Those are the moments I live for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.