Shaun Dion Hamilton Named SEC Defensive Player of the Week

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005
We've seen instances in the past where players have looked a step slow or seem to have taken at least a full year to get back to speed. I thought SDH looked faster than when he was healthy last year. He was everywhere, well deserved honor.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Now THAT is the way to come back from an injury! Guess he got tired of the media always asking how he's doing. :cool:
Congrats Shaun Dion!

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I agree he looks as fast as ever. I remember some A&M fans crying when he committed to Alabama, and I thought he'd be just another good LB'r we snagged. He's been a great addition to the team. In my opinion he's our best linebacker.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep, becomes even more important as a leader and steadying influence what with the changes in the LB core. Probably depends on how the younger guys look on the outside as to whether or not Evans shifts outside after he comes back IMO. Seem to have pretty strong depth on the inside to go with SDH. After reflection, the cupboard is not bare!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
One of his teammates said SDH was faster than ever, and he sure looked it. He was all over the place. His knowledge and experience are invaluable to this team.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I was looking for a thread on the players only meeting for the defense. I see it may not happen.

SDH was quoted that they were working things out in practice. So with that said I thought #20 had a sup par game for his abilities during our last game. I didn't go back and watch it, so I may be wrong. I know it's hard to get up for certain teams. I'm A-OK with our play so far. We lack the talent on the D-line we've had and our LB's are dinged up.
We'll see how we look against Vandy. If we win I'm gonna feel fine. It's a long season.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
He's a great player.
SEC Player of the week - From sept 5th.

=================================================

I agree. Am I mistaken he had a sub-par game this weekend? I don't usually complain when we win and am not trying to do so now.

It seems we fans are too hard on our team sometimes.

The coaches may have told them they don't need a meeting, just effort and execution.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
SEC Player of the week - From sept 5th.

=================================================

I agree. Am I mistaken he had a sub-par game this weekend? I don't usually complain when we win and am not trying to do so now.

It seems we fans are too hard on our team sometimes.

The coaches may have told them they don't need a meeting, just effort and execution.
I don't think it was the coaches that said that... I read somewhere that Minkah was the one who stopped that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.