News Article: Laura Ingraham on Her Love of Alabama Football

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I've heard many interesting stories of folks from other areas who became Bama fans. One of my favorite was a guy I met about 10 years ago from Tennessee. He changed the oil of Bear Bryant's sister's car .... got to know her and has been a giant Bama fan ever since.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Then I give up on you. Yes I agree Musso and Hannah were great, but even you know who Baumhower was and is now. :BigA:

The point is..................which is obviously over the head of some....................

When Bob was on campus, I was in Texas. Working. Getting transferred, once a year. Trying to figure out how to manage to stay in one place, long enough, to make a down payment, on a house.

Which I did, before Bob graduated.

Sorry, I had more pressing issues. Besides, there was no innerwebs.

Blame my cousin, back in B'ham, for not keeping me informed on all the latest campus gossip.

Oh.............wait..............he was busy raising a newborn, and getting his MBA.

Priorities, man............priorities.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Well that escalated quickly...
The point is..................which is obviously over the head of some....................

When Bob was on campus, I was in Texas. Working. Getting transferred, once a year. Trying to figure out how to manage to stay in one place, long enough, to make a down payment, on a house.

Which I did, before Bob graduated.

Sorry, I had more pressing issues. Besides, there was no innerwebs.

Blame my cousin, back in B'ham, for not keeping me informed on all the latest campus gossip.

Oh.............wait..............he was busy raising a newborn, and getting his MBA.

Priorities, man............priorities.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Looks like there are some mean-spirited misogynists on this board.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think having this mean spirited, obnoxious woman on the sidelines as a detriment. Just a plain, awful individual.
I don't agree with her most of the time, but I think she was finally on target with her remarks about Brett Favre's retiring:

No, it's not about Brett Favre, OK. Brett Favre is an American sports icon. He's going to be featured, I'm sure, in a future O'Reilly icon segment. He's an amazing person, wonderful family man.

I merely brought up this issue on the radio today, Bill, that even these big, hulky, strong, impressive men today are in a situation where they just break down blubbering for, like, 20 minutes at a retirement press conference. And women overwhelmingly calling into my show said, "Well, we really like Brett Favre. We think he's amazing, but enough with the waterworks."

What happened to John Wayne and Ronald Reagan and Lou Gehrig and this idea of, you know, leaving the stage gracefully, you know, maybe having a little tear in your eye? But I mean, the sobs, they just never stopped, and it was kind of funny. Sorry. It was amusing.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/03/10/laura-ingraham-on-limbaugh-effect-brett-favre-crying.html

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.