After Week One--What Is Your Top Ten?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Why are so many people so impressed with a team that blew out another team that went 3-9 last year? Seriously someone please explain the Clemson love.
They've been outstanding the last few years, and they have recruited very well and should be able to reload instead of rebuild. I doubt they will win it all again this year, but I do think they will win at least ten games. I'm not basing that on their performance against their opponent this past weekend as much as the track record that CDS has shown there. We lost a boat load of talent to the NFL on the defensive side of the ball, but I had no doubt that we would once again field a very good defense based upon Coach Saban's track record and recruiting ability. I can't speak for everyone, but that explains my feelings about the situation.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
And so many seemingly unimpressed with the way Michigan MANHANDLED Florida? Yah UF was missing starters and such, but Michigan replaced 22 starters from last year's team and the D only allowed THREE points (14 were off pick-sixes)...

Michigan looked very solid and they'll only get better.
I think Michigan looked solid and will continue to get better under Harbaugh, but I think most people have seen Florida stink it up against the better teams the last few years. Yes, they have represented the East in the SECCG, but they have gotten whipped against the upper echelon teams they have played. I think people are impressed with Michigan, but most want to see them beat a more legit team with a full compliment of players before they declare them world beaters.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Can't say I watched enough of every game but from what I've seen I would go with

1. Alabama - duh
2. Ohio State - Struggled early but that DL is legit and that Freshman RB looks really good. Will know more about them after week 2
3. Clemson - putting them here for now but only because no other team has done enough to be worth this spot IMO. They'll be top 10-15 good this year not sure if they are a top 5 team yet.
4. Oklahoma - maybe I'm higher on them than some. Easily the best Big 12 team with only real competition coming from their little brother. Plus Texas blows. The offense will be good with that QB, system and OL. Biggest question is what the D will look like but might not have to worry about that vs Ohio State.
5. Michigan - another team I'm not really sold on yet. Beat a pretty mediocre Florida team missing its leading rusher and receiver and starting a young QB. D will be good though
6. Penn State - We won't learn much about them until they play Michigan. But, that RB is really good
7. Oklahoma State - The offense will be high powered with that system and that QB. Oklahoma's biggest competition in the Big 12
8. Florida State - I know nothing about their QB now but that defense is one of the best and they will out perform expectations
9. Wisconsin - Will learn more about them in November but they will be good again.
10. LSU - you can't make the playoff with Danny Etling at QB. I just don't buy that they are much different this year. Guice and D will be great but I can't buy them as a real threat until they show it on the field on Nov. 4th.

I don't buy the USC hype. Good team but not great. They could be top 10 but you're not top 5 just because your QB is a high level NFL prospect. I could easily see them losing a few games they "should" win. Not sold on the coach and not sold on the D.
USC had to come back against Western Michigan in 4th qtr, if they're in the top ten, South Carolina should be, a better USC.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Michigan
Oklahoma
Stanford
LSU
Oklahoma State
Penn State
Florida State

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
1- Alabama
2- Ohio State
3- Oklahoma
4- Clemson
5- Michigan
6- Penn State
7- LSU
8- Florida State
9- Stanford
10- Université Laval #1 team in college football in Canada :biggrin:

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Other than Bama it's really hard to judge any of these teams, why? Because no-one played anybody!!!

1.Bama (Only thing that makes me mad is Irma is going to interfere with me seeing the home opener!) 2-0
2.Penn State (This year Pitt doesn't look like they have the metal...OT vs Youngstown St.!!!) 2-0
3.Clemson (If they spank the Barn they'll be my #2) 2-0
4.Ohio State (Ohio State plays in the Shoe, not good for Oklahoma) 2-0
5.Oklahoma (The Big XII doesn't play much 'D' sooooo!) 1-1
6.LSU (LSU gets their 2nd cup-cake the Chattanooga Choo-Choo!) 2-0
7.Auburn (Don't really think Auburn can hang with Clemson, but that's why they play the games!) 1-1
8.Okie St. (This should be a mis-match with So. Alabama, but I do remember Miss. St.) 2-0
9.Wisconsin (Lane gets another chance to show how much he has taught his team!) 2-0
10.USC (Let's see if the 'TREE' can fall on Darnold, but he is at home...) 2-0

Well have fun everyone, see ya on the south-side of Irma...!

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
1. Alabama
2. Ohio St - too much talent
3. Stanford - best coach in p12
4. Clemson - we'll see how good they are without Watson, he won a few games for them
5. Michigan - really dislike Harbaugh, but he can coach
6. Oklahoma - won't be here long
7. Penn St - great rb & qb
8. Oklahoma St - qb
9. Louisville - favorable schedule
10. Oregon - Just because

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I will say that OK State is in my top 5 at this point. I know USA is not a top 50 team...but OK State has a ton of talent across the board and played with good intensity.

Really interested in OSU vs. Okie. Should define some things further...

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
After week 2 ...

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. USC

5, Penn State
6. Michigan
7. Washington
8. Wisconsin
9. Oklahoma State
10. TCU

Honorable Mention: Georgia

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Oklahoma beat OSU so have to put them at number 2.
1. Alabama
2. OU
3. USC
4. Clemson

5. Michigan
6. Penn State
7. Washingtin
8. OSU
9.FSU
10. Okie Light

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
USC
Michigan
LSU
Oklahoma State
Penn State
Ohio State
Florida State

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.