Jewish woman sues Denny's after discovering bacon in her omelet

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Not picking on any religion specifically but I have never understood why any would think God cares what you eat. :conf3:
The Old Testament is a book filled with rules as they relate to cleanliness and genetic "variety" like don't sleep with your mom, aunt or sister. Pork has been known to carry trichinosis and pigs wallow in their own filth hence the cleanliness, or lack there of, of eating pork. Don't have sex with animals. Man shall not lie down with another man. Again, diseases, lack of procreation, etc.

Even rules such as rest one day a week which allows your body to recover.

The more I read the Old Testament the more interesting the I find all the rules. I truly wonder the inspiration of said laws. Not to totally derail my own thread, but...

For one to dispute a higher intelligence that provided such guidelines is asinine. We were (and still are) an infant, immature planet. I find it fascinating that these laws & rules were passed down to provide cleanliness and genetic "integrity" of a species or group of people.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The Old Testament is a book filled with rules as they relate to cleanliness and genetic "variety" like don't sleep with your mom, aunt or sister. Pork has been known to carry trichinosis and pigs wallow in their own filth hence the cleanliness, or lack there of, of eating pork. Don't have sex with animals. Man shall not lie down with another man. Again, diseases, lack of procreation, etc.

Even rules such as rest one day a week which allows your body to recover.

The more I read the Old Testament the more interesting the I find all the rules. I truly wonder the inspiration of said laws. Not to totally derail my own thread, but...

For one to dispute a higher intelligence that provided such guidelines is asinine. We were (and still are) an infant, immature planet. I find it fascinating that these laws & rules were passed down to provide cleanliness and genetic "integrity" of a species or group of people.
That's always been pretty much my take on it. You can always trace it back to a germ of common sense. However, as with all rules and rules makers - early on the priests and, after the fall of the second temple, the rabbinic hierarchy - I think the rules took on a life of their own. "Separateness" can be a survival tool. When you look at other isolate groups - Gypsies, early Mormons, such rules has been the glue which kept the "us" group together. One old saying still has validity - "The Jews didn't keep the Sabbath; the Sabbath kept the Jews."

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I wonder if she's related to the person that blew the whistle on the TD Bank Penny Arcade? This person was also Jewish [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.