Game Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Bama vs. Fresno St. - 1st Half...

Status
Not open for further replies.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
*This* is yet another reason why I love CNS. If we ever win 50-something to single-digit, it was well earned. Sure, we could Baylor-out or TCU-out the competition to make scores look ridiculous but that's not the point to these games.

CNS' goal (it appears to me) in these type of games is first, assure path to victory is being followed and next, play as many people as we can and coach 'em up.

Everyone wonders how CNS re-loads every season. It's not just great recruiting. It's also getting your recruits game experience. Teams like Fresno St. are not world beaters or even heavy competitors but they are decent teams in their own right. Our players and coaches respect our opponents and we make sure our guys follow the fundamentals.

RTR!!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
People bash the 2013-present OLs but OLs we fondly remember like '08 and '09 had some major limitations that were expertly mitigated through philosophy/style.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
People bash the 2013-present OLs but OLs we fondly remember like '08 and '09 had some major limitations that were expertly mitigated through philosophy/style.
I loved the '08 double TE OL, just plowing people over and play-actioning all over the place. Not sure we could get away with that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.