Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Fresno St...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A win is a win. Lots of guys got experience and no injuries. That's what you are looking for in these games.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
RTR. Glad to get a win with no apparent injuries.

Studs of the Game:
Offense- Jalen Hurts- he played fantastic. Ran well. Distributed the ball well.

Defense- Ronnie Harrison- he was all over the field making plays.

Special Teams- Papp- perfect on his kicks. I'm glad I can type that (no matter how short the FGs were.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I fear that our defense is really gonna have fits against teams that spread you out and pass quick. Of course, these are annoying for all defenses but the last few years our oppressive down four pressure made bottling up those throws easier than in the past during the Saban era.

We were in for a struggle to find good pressure in these scenarios but the injuries we suffered last week seems to have assured the unfortunate reality people were suggesting from the REC scrimmage.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We will be fine on defense once the new backers get a little experience. There is a reason the others were starting and playing ahead of them. Jalen Hurts was outstanding...no controversy here. With just good blocking he took FSU apart...I was impressed.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I liked seeing Tua improve with game action. No QB controversy - I think that is self-evident - but growth opportunities for the backup are nice to see. Najee too.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
Good job by Jalen today.

Not much pressure by the defense against a team that won 1 game last year.

Offensive line better come around because our defense is nothing like last year's.

Someway, somehow, we're going to have to out score some folks.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I liked seeing Tua improve with game action. No QB controversy - I think that is self-evident - but growth opportunities for the backup are nice to see. Najee too.
Since he's the backup as a true freshman, we need to get him as many snaps in games like this as possible. No controversy...just gotta make up the snaps deficit he has compared to most backups.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Notes from Saban's press conference:
-Pleased with the game overall. There are things we need to improve on but pleased with the game.
-Only injury mentioned was Wallace and it wasn't serious.
- Playing Tua with the starters was planned. Everyone, including Jalen, knew it.
- Overall pleased with the defensive play but some things needed to work on with the front. Such as retracing on a screen, reading the QB draw, etc.

-He was please with special teams play except for the long kick off which led to a TD.

- He knew they would make a few plays. Tedford has a good scheme and they're well coached.
- Pleased with the passing efficiency especially in the first half.
- Glad several players got experience. Should pay off in the coming weeks.
- Asked about the OL play. He asked the reporter what he thought and if he was right Saban would hire him (cleaned up what coach said for board policy :)).

From Phil Savage post game-
"Lineman of the Game"- the right side of the OL especially Lester Cotton.

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Notes from Saban's press conference:
-Pleased with the game overall. There are things we need to improve on but pleased with the game.
-Only injury mentioned was Wallace and it wasn't serious.
- Playing Tua with the starters was planned. Everyone, including Jalen, knew it.
- Overall pleased with the defensive play but some things needed to work on with the front. Such as retracing on a screen, reading the QB draw, etc.
- Pleased with the passing efficiency especially in the first half.
- Glad several players got experience. Should pay off in the coming weeks.
- Asked about the OL play. He asked the reporter what he thought and if he was right Saban would hire him (cleaned up what coach said for board policy :)).

From Phil Savage post game-
"Lineman of the Game"- the right side of the OL especially Lester Cotton.

That exchange had me laughing.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Good job by Jalen today.

Not much pressure by the defense against a team that won 1 game last year.

Offensive line better come around because our defense is nothing like last year's.

Someway, somehow, we're going to have to out score some folks.
The defensive line could pay better, and generate more pressure... hopefully a beast or two emerge. But, when they needed to last weak against a top Florida State team, they generated pressure pretty well from some Edge rushers, but the coaches know how to generate pressure as needed with blitzes. Which more not needed for this game as much.

Our defenses typically start to catch on by game 5

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.