Baaahahahaha - Nicholls State @ Aggies tied in the 4th quarter...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Aggy is a big time ROTC school, they just wanted to pay proper courtesy and customs to the Colonels of Nichols St.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Kicking a FG as time ran out to go up 24-14 is the most TAMU thing I've ever seen.

Part of me hopes they go 10-2 so they can't get rid of him, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I caught the end of this game, and all I could do was marvel at the stupidity. Take a couple of knees and the game is over. But, Sumlin risked a fumble return for a TD, an interception return for a TD, a blocked FG return for a TD, and injuries to tack on three more points. Some teams are just dumb. A&M is such a team.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I think in his mind Sumlin thought a 10 point win was better than a 7 point win. I'm not saying it is a correct POV or even a rationale one but to Sumlin it might have been. A barely win over Nicholls State that followed pretty much a historic collapse=Sumlin is getting 3rd degree burns on his butt for that is how hot his seat is.

Sumlin screwed up royally when he did not jump to the NFL when Manzeil and Evans did.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I didn't see the game, but how dumb can you get? They threw incomplete on third down and kicked the FG with 18 seconds. So taking a knee on 3rd runs out the clock. Why risk a NOT when you are only up by seven that late in the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This, in a microcosm, explains Sumlin's tenure at A&M.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Unless there's a total meltdown during the season and they end up only winning like 3 games. I doubt they fire him. Granted, aTm can pay $11M out of petty cash. But you don't want to pay a former coach that much money not to coach your team.
Oh I agree, I don't expect him to be let go during the season. I imagine that check will buy a few nice Christmas presents to smoothe over his hurt feelings.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.