Ugly wins on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumpndNite

Dec 6, 2016
Gotta be honest.....so far, am underwhelmed by the Daboll game plans/play calling. This offense looks ragged. The OL is mediocre at best, at this point, and will have to play much better during SEC play. Still not convinced Hurts will develop into a down-field passer. The defense also looked ragged at times today; missed tackles, and blown assignments. That may understandable considering how much the coaching staff was tinkering with various personnel packages.

Basically I grade this team about even with the 2015 version, at this point in the season. Not only was I convinced that Jake Coker would never develop into a down-field passer, I didn't think he would develop into any type of passer. All they did was get their act together, win a NC, and become my all-time favorite Crimson Tide team.

So I do have hope for this group

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm concerned about the pass blocking. They are not giving Hurts much time to throw the ball. I also haven't seen much development out of Hurts in his passing game. Luckily the team has a fairly soft schedule with plenty of time to develop the passing game before they run into another challenge.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I'm surprised to read this - not only has Hurts' accuracy seemed to have increased, but his touch is better as well. When given time, he's even progressed through his reads...
I agree with you. He's much better. Where he needs to improve is patience. Step up in the pocket and make the throw. I'm glad he's a dual threat but he's got to overcome his instinct to tuck it and run it so quickly. Just my observation from an untrained eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.