Baylor lost to UTSA 17-10

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It's amazing how just a few years ago they were in NC discussion and now they lost to Liberty and UTSA. Must be one of the quickest declines of a football program ever.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well they've worked real hard to earn that loss, what with all the lying and covering up they did in the midst of their investigation. So good on them, they earned that loss. Must feel nice to come by something honestly, even if it is a debilitating loss to a team that isn't fit to even mow the grass at most Power-5 schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I can't believe Rhule took this job. He was doing such a nice job at Temple and was likely to get a power five job in a few years regardless. He took a job that is basically going to destroy his career trajectory for the next decade. He coulda been coaching at blueblood 10 years from now if he kept on plugging away...now?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I can't believe Rhule took this job. He was doing such a nice job at Temple and was likely to get a power five job in a few years regardless. He took a job that is basically going to destroy his career trajectory for the next decade. He coulda been coaching at blueblood 10 years from now if he kept on plugging away...now?
Maybe they threw a boatload of money at him, trying to find someone to help them weather the coming storm and hopefully rebuild when the damage has been done.
It worked for Franklin at Penn State and PSU is in the same moral neck of the woods.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe they threw a boatload of money at him, trying to find someone to help them weather the coming storm and hopefully rebuild when the damage has been done.
It worked for Franklin at Penn State and PSU is in the same moral neck of the woods.
He was making about $1.5MM at Temple. Have to believe that they doubled that at Baylor to get him to leave.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
From a Baylor board

Is it possible get rid of Rhule this year?

No. This Board of Regents is probably working on a contract extension for him. This is when they have a little spare time from cutting seven figure checks for any female that asks for one.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
From a Baylor board

Is it possible get rid of Rhule this year?

No. This Board of Regents is probably working on a contract extension for him. This is when they have a little spare time from cutting seven figure checks for any female that asks for one.
Ouch. You know, though, there is an element of truth to that. I thinking the BOTs had to tell Ruhle that they were going to stand by him no matter what happened for four, maybe five years. These years are going to be rough for Baylor.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Ouch. You know, though, there is an element of truth to that. I thinking the BOTs had to tell Ruhle that they were going to stand by him no matter what happened for four, maybe five years. These years are going to be rough for Baylor.
Let me say this first before I get flamed. Fan suffering is nothing compared to victim suffering.

I have been going to the Baylor board before they hired Briles. I joined for the pickems, but posted occasionally. Now Baylor fans have been bottom feeders for most of their time, except for Grant Teaf, or some HC. They were so excited to be a player and now they are back to bottom feeding. The fans are not the criminals nor the abettors of criminals. I don't know how many fans would have looked the other way but I do know many are decent, law-abiding citizens.

It is sad that the BOT's or what ever they call the leaders would do nothing. So I find myself hoping Baylor suffers for years and the good fans can become TCU or SMU fans.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I believe in,"What goes around comes around." Don't know if that's different from karma.

But it does have a way of evening out. Sometimes it takes a while (see UTe's vendetta against us), but it does eventually get there.

I think Baylor's problems are just starting. Expect the female applicants to drop off precipitously, which will do a bunch of damage to the institution's financials, never mind the athletic department. Ask The University of Missouri how that works.

Difference is, UM is the flagship institution of a state, whereas Baylor is a private college receiving far less state funding. Point being, a drop in enrollment hurts a school like Baylor far more than it does a state-funded school.

The damage is just starting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.