The fall of teams I hate

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I understand the mystique of beating Notre Dame in South Bend. I do. Alabama's never done it.

But all the hoopla about beating the #24 team in the country, by one point, when you were #15 before, and #13 afterward, is a bit over the top.

Put it this way: There's no way any other team in the country could go 4-8 in the previous year, and be ranked in Week 2 of the subsequent year on the strength of curb-stomping Temple. Yes, Temple.

Look, I wish Alabama had a win in South Bend. We don't. But the level of attention this win has gotten is totally unwarranted.

BTW -- the video of Georgia fans taking over Wrigley Field with chants of "UGA...UGA...UGA" is pretty cool, I don't care how you feel about the Bulldogs.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I understand the mystique of beating Notre Dame in South Bend. I do. Alabama's never done it.

But all the hoopla about beating the #24 team in the country, by one point, when you were #15 before, and #13 afterward, is a bit over the top.

Put it this way: There's no way any other team in the country could go 4-8 in the previous year, and be ranked in Week 2 of the subsequent year on the strength of curb-stomping Temple. Yes, Temple.

Look, I wish Alabama had a win in South Bend. We don't. But the level of attention this win has gotten is totally unwarranted.

BTW -- the video of Georgia fans taking over Wrigley Field with chants of "UGA...UGA...UGA" is pretty cool, I don't care how you feel about the Bulldogs.
I agree with this. UGA may or may not be the East champs. But at the end of the year, I don't think beating the Irish will seem as impressive as it is being held out to be right now.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

The win wasn't nearly as impressive as them turning South Bend into North Athens. I couldn't believe how well they traveled, nor could I believe that Notre Dame fans would allow that to happen. Weaksauce.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I agree with this. UGA may or may not be the East champs. But at the end of the year, I don't think beating the Irish will seem as impressive as it is being held out to be right now.
The Notre Dame "mystique" has only continued because of old media reporters/producers who remember the school back in the 1940's and 1950's when they were good. Today they should be considered a mid level FBS team. The only reason they are ranked is because of the aforementioned media pushing the fantasy of ND.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I can't say I hate anything or anyone. I mean, everyone has to make a living around here. But I must say I take a lot of pleasure in seeing Tennessee fail and fail miserably.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Yeah well Alabama has only played them 2 times up there. If they played ND at anytime over the last 10 years up there, Alabama would have steamrolled them. ND probably doesn't even want to schedule a game with Alabama in South Bend right now because they are too intimidated. That blowout loss in the BCSNCG is going to linger in ND for a very long time.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I just know we totally humiliated them in the NC game, better than any win in south bend. We exposed the BS about them being good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.