Tua's Little Brother - Taulia - shredded TC friday night - amazing to watch

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I was at the house by myself Friday night, and decided at the last minute to go see Taulia (sorry - spelled it wrong in thread title) since the Thompson High School stadium is only about a mile from the house. I'm glad i did. It was only one game, but here's what i witnessed:

The kid was amazing, and put up such numbers that they sat him in the second half since Thompson was beating the brains out of Tuscaloosa County. He went 18 for 25, 329 yards, and 5 TD passes in the first half. His pocket presence and field vision is off the charts. He makes it look almost effortless. And he can zip the ball. On one throw, he scrambled to his right, then came back across the field to the left and threw a 45 yard strike across his body while in full stride. Big time throw. I'll admit i've only gone to about 25-30 high school games in the last 20 years, but i've never seen that good of a QB in person at a HS game. This kid will be getting offers from everybody, as i'm sure he has a ton already. Hopefully he's following his big brother to Tuscaloosa. he is a little undersized, but maybe he is still growing. A QB of his caliber will keep his team in a game with anybody. if you're in the B'ham area, you might want to go see this kid play. Thompson is in a brutal region, with MB, Hoover, Vestavia, Spain Park, etc, but look for them to win their share of those games. This kid is the real deal.

Last edited:

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Re: Tua's Little Brother - Tulua - shredded TC friday night - amazing to watch

Taulia was refered to as a 2019 Quarterback. Would that make him a junior in high school?
He's a junior now. And yes, i spelled his name wrong - It's Taulia. I also saw stats that said 18-25 for 329 and 4 TD's. I'm pretty sure it was 5 TD's, because Thompson scored 7 in the first half and i can only recall 2 that weren't passes from him. But 4 or 5, he was impressive no doubt.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

If Taulia comes to Alabama and backs up his brother, then CBS has to bring Vern back, even if it's just for a guest spot...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I thought I heard the ESPN guys say that he's already committed to Alabama during the CS game. I wasn't aware of that.

FWIW, I fully expect he'll wear Crimson, but I didn't know he had committed yet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I thought I heard the ESPN guys say that he's already committed to Alabama during the CS game. I wasn't aware of that.

FWIW, I fully expect he'll wear Crimson, but I didn't know he had committed yet.
He hasn't publicly committed. Maybe a silent commit, but I also don't think the staff would take a QB commit from a guy so young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Is he a lefty like Tua?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Hearing LSU & USC are his favorites.
Would be more surprised if he went elsewhere if he played another position. Since he`s a QB like his brother, may well go elsewhere to get out of big brother`s shadow. Certainly hope not, though.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

If he's looking elsewhere, that's a complete turnaround from previous comments including wanting to commit last year, as well as wanting to follow in his brother's footsteps at Alabama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tua's Little Brother - Tulua - shredded TC friday night - amazing to watch

He said last week he likes the idea of playing against Tua. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it, though. We have a long way to go before his signing day, so things will surely change.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Seems to me that the Tagovailoa family is a close one. If little bro signs with the Tide next year I suspect Jalen would be off to the pros and he'd have a chance to backup Tua. He could be starting at Bama by his true sophomore year once his older brother jumps to the league as a junior. I just don't see him jetting to another school when his folks moved with him half way around the world when his brother came to UA. Wait a minute - yep, crimson colored glasses fitting snugly :D

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

He could still grow a bit but he is on the short side for an SEC QB (excluding Manzel). He is listed as 5’9”

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

He could still grow a bit but he is on the short side for an SEC QB (excluding Manzel). He is listed as 5’9”

If he doesn't grow taller he could play RB in the same backfield as Tua and QB in the "Wildcat".

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I heard he showed out again last night but I don't have a link. I think the 27th they play Hoover, will be a good chance for him to sure enough get his name out there.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA

Since my original post, he's continued to shred defenses and Thompson is still undefeated. They play at Spain Park this week, then home to Huffman, then on the road at Hoover the next week. If they are undefeated going into the Hoover game, you're likley looking at the top 2 teams in the state. Hoover will present more challenges defensively for Taulia, but he's no doubt the best high school QB Hoover will see this year. Should be a great game.

And yes, i've seen reports that Bama is his strong favorite, but he's also said that playing against his brother would be interesting as well. We'll see. Hopefully we'll get to see more of Tua at Bama soon, as we begin to face defenses that will make us throw it. These two brothers have natural passing skills and field vision like nothing we've seen at Bama in a while. I really hope Jalen gets better, but we may need Tua sooned rather than later if JH doesn't get more confidence in his passing game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.