2017 Week 3 Gameweek Thread (Practice Reports, Pressers, etc.)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Womack had a great game last week but I do tend to think he is a more natural guard than right tackle. We've gotten away with more natural guards at RT quite a bit under Saban and even won a title in a year where a guard-type played LT (2009).
Thinking IT'll be Womack and Wills in for few snaps this weekend. Something tells me they'll make final decision after this weekend.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I remember coach saban saying explicitly that Cotton is a better tackle than guard and that they had maybe made a mistake trying to play him at guard last year. That's what I was surprised to see that he was back at RG and pushing for playing time. I just hope they get it figured out quickly before the meat of the schedule comes around. Mostly because I want to see Jalen have protection so he can show what improvements he's made.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Nick-Saban-discusses-Lester-Cottons-move-back-to-tackle-49034836
I remember that statement also. I guess they thought maybe he'd gotten over whatever the limitations are.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Anybody have any idea what's up with Dylan Moses? Don't like the milk carton stuff...
I think Saban said he was hurt in the game but nothing serious. I sure hope he is better and practicing by tomorrow. We don't need yet another linebacker injured. That's just crazy if so.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I read that Christian Miller is starting his rehab and he plans to be back in time for the SECCG. That'd be some nice reinforcements if we make it that far..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I read that Christian Miller is starting his rehab and he plans to be back in time for the SECCG. That'd be some nice reinforcements if we make it that far..
I was wondering about that sort of thing when I heard "out for the season". With the way the season can stretch on after the regular season, that doesn't necessarily mean out for the post season. One can hope!

Remember Drake coming back from his horrible injury? That was amazing.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Apparently this is coming from some comments by his dad. So, I would take it with a grain of salt. But it would be a huge boost to get him back assuming we make it that far.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Might be better to use this season as a redshirt . . Or has he Lewis already taken one.
It might be better, but it also depends on how soon he could be back. We've seen some remarkable recoveries in the past.

Also, Jordan Shipley actually got a 6th year of eligibility via the medical redshirt. Not sure if the rules have changed, but it seems possible to have a regular redshirt and then an additional medical redshirt.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Lewis still has a redshirt he can use.

Miller already redshirted, so he would have to apply for an exception and the rules are a bit vague on if he'd get it. Since it was the first game, it's maybe a higher probability, but still not a certainty.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Lewis still has a redshirt he can use.

Miller already redshirted, so he would have to apply for an exception and the rules are a bit vague on if he'd get it. Since it was the first game, it's maybe a higher probability, but still not a certainty.
I am fairly certain he would qualify for an extra year due to the early injury. I think the rule is if you play less than 3.5 games you qualify for the injury hardship. With that being said, if Christian does what we expect him to do he will not be here in 2019.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.