What SEC Head Coach gets fired first?

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
YawYaw threw his hat in the ring.
The ring is getting crowded; Sumlin and Odum gone; Gus, Butch, O; maybe.
could get interesting and if some young coaches become flavor of the season (PJ?) they will get very wealthy. Perfect timing for a bidding war.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't see Odum getting fired. It is just his second season and he has a five year deal. Maybe if they wind up 2-10, but I think he gets at least one more year.

I also don't think the corn dogs give Orgeron the boot after just one season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Odom moves to the front. 3rd Quarter Purdue 35 Mizzou 3.
Yeah, I'm ticked because I thought Mizzou would be terrible this year, but I started listening to "experts" talk about how good their offense was going to be and let that influence my pre-season picks. I knew they had no defense, but SC and Purdon't both made their offense look inept. They are horrible and try to make up for it by not playing hard. Hahaha! When your team is bad and they don't play hard, the coach is an easy target, especially at Mizzou because you know that no one will actually blame any players up there for fear of protests.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
In fairness Purdue hung around with Louisville. Coach Brohm seems to have turned them around quickly, at least relative to what they've been the last few years.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Yeah, I'm ticked because I thought Mizzou would be terrible this year, but I started listening to "experts" talk about how good their offense was going to be and let that influence my pre-season picks. I knew they had no defense, but SC and Purdon't both made their offense look inept. They are horrible and try to make up for it by not playing hard. Hahaha! When your team is bad and they don't play hard, the coach is an easy target, especially at Mizzou because you know that no one will actually blame any players up there for fear of protests.
Well, I didn't listen to the Mizzou pumpers because they were based on nothing but hunches, so I didn't miss any picks because of it.

In 2005 the Big East kicked Temple out of the conference because they sucked for years and had very few fans. In 2012 they let them back in after they had corrected both problems. I wonder if we could kick Mizzou out? I'm for it!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Well, I didn't listen to the Mizzou pumpers because they were based on nothing but hunches, so I didn't miss any picks because of it.

In 2005 the Big East kicked Temple out of the conference because they sucked for years and had very few fans. In 2012 they let them back in after they had corrected both problems. I wonder if we could kick Mizzou out? I'm for it!
Hahaha, I doubt you would get many people who would argue. Pinkel made them pretty solid, but they just seem horrible right now, and all the issues going on in Missouri the last few years can't be helping them recruit student/athletes and/or regular students to their campus. I hope they get things figured out for their society and their university.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I was curious if others had this problem. I have it from time to time. I've also had a lot of issues with the commercials that just start playing causing the site to glich and jump around. Anyone else have this issue lately? I am using a Chromebook, so I have wondered if the Chrome OS is the issue.
EDIT- I thought that I had quoted a previous post, but I am referencing the double post and hanging up issues.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was curious if others had this problem. I have it from time to time. I've also had a lot of issues with the commercials that just start playing causing the site to glich and jump around. Anyone else have this issue lately? I am using a Chromebook, so I have wondered if the Chrome OS is the issue.
EDIT- I thought that I had quoted a previous post, but I am referencing the double post and hanging up issues.
Same and more for me. Love this site, but it is the worst performing site that I visit regularly.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
LSU better get it together quick.....

Syracuse, Troy, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, A&M......

things could get real ugly in Death Valley.....

If LSU ends up 6-6 or worse.... they might cut bait and start over....

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
LSU better get it together quick.....

Syracuse, Troy, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, A&M......

things could get real ugly in Death Valley.....

If LSU ends up 6-6 or worse.... they might cut bait and start over....
I don't see how they could, Cajun. Paying Les $9 million over the next several years and Coach Ogre's buyout at the end of the season is $12 million. I think it drops to $8 million in 2018.

Looks like they are stuck with him a couple of years.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
They hired Orgeron because no one else would take the job. If they fire him after one year, that's not likely to improve.
With Clemson looking consistent, USC looking revived, and Vandy's coach could be more attractive as the season progresses, I think LSU could at least pluck an assistant from one of those schools who hasn't crashed and burned like the Ogre has. It's still a steep price tag, but if you're going to start out in the SEC, why not start at LSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Gus is at 322 days without a power 5 win, Sumlin is at 350. If Sumlin makes it to 365, "BYE" week will take on a whole new meaning.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.