What SEC Head Coach gets fired first?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
With Clemson looking consistent, USC looking revived, and Vandy's coach could be more attractive as the season progresses, I think LSU could at least pluck an assistant from one of those schools who hasn't crashed and burned like the Ogre has. It's still a steep price tag, but if you're going to start out in the SEC, why not start at LSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would dip into the FCS level if I were LSU to find a proven HC..I'd much rather have John Grass or the HC at North Dakota St as compared to having Coach O..There's some really good HC's on the FCS level that simply never gets that call to move on up to the bigger schools..JMHO

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would dip into the FCS level if I were LSU to find a proven HC..I'd much rather have John Grass or the HC at North Dakota St as compared to having Coach O..There's some really good HC's on the FCS level that simply never gets that call to move on up to the bigger schools..JMHO
Maybe just hire Les Miles?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Maybe just hire Les Miles?
Even though I actually respect Les..That ship sailed a couple years before while Les was the Swamp Kittens HC..

It's becoming a toxic situation for LSU Football under Coach O & I think they need a younger HC to pump in new enthusiasm to turn things around..I still shake my head in amazement at them for hiring Coach O..

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I really don't care if any or all of them get the hook; however I would not want to see Dan Mullen at any of those schools especially those in the SEC West.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I really don't care if any or all of them get the hook; however I would not want to see Dan Mullen at any of those schools especially those in the SEC West.
I also think Mullen is a very good coach who does more with less at MSU; however, a State friend of mine says he is such an a-hole that many people there hope he has a losing season or two so they can get rid of him. Take that for what it's worth because we are normally having quite a few beverages while we watch the games. hahahaha

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I wasn't a fan of the O hire, but I have no choice but to support him for the time being. He won't get fired with the current buyout and since no one will hire Les (hey, doesn't that say something?) we still owe him a buyout. I'm not giving up on O yet, but I'm less optimistic today as compared to last week. We should win the next two, but @UF and home v AU will be telling.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Coach O at LSU was always their third choice. They wanted either Herman or Jimbo very badly but when those guys weren't interested they hired Orgeron almost out of desperation. A couple more thrashings like last Saturday and he could be fired.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The question of who will be first could coincide with how many will be fired. If the mood of the fans on their boards are accurate, these could get the axe: Arkansas, Texas A&M, Tennessee and Missouri most certainly on very thin ice. Auburn and Florida too early to tell. I wonder what is the SEC record for number of HC's fired?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think Bert may be the hottest seat of all. The Hogs look pathetic at the line of scrimmage, and the fans are very restless.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I also think Mullen is a very good coach who does more with less at MSU; however, a State friend of mine says he is such an a-hole that many people there hope he has a losing season or two so they can get rid of him. Take that for what it's worth because we are normally having quite a few beverages while we watch the games. hahahaha
Supposedly he failed the interview at Florida when they hired Mac. Granted, that comes from the irrefutable source "message board talk", but whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That would be extremely stupid on their part. They most likely can't get a guy that can duplicate what Mullen has done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I still can't believe LSU fired Les Miles only to hire Orgeron. If they wanted new blood they should have hired, you know, new blood. Talk about making decisions based on emotion instead of having a plan...

As far as who gets fired, I think it has to be Odom. They are just an absolutely miserable football program right now. And I think self inflicted with their off-field stuff, but that is neither here nor there. But Mizzou has gotten blown out 3 weeks in a row! Like 3-TD losses. And the schedule isn't getting any easier and they show no signs of improving. I also think that, regardless of how the rest of the season plays out, Sumlin is gone. Its simply a question of whether he gets fired mid-season or after the season.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
That would be extremely stupid on their part. They most likely can't get a guy that can duplicate what Mullen has done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He's probably the best coach in the history of their program. I thought he was crazy not to try a bolt after his success with Dak there because I thought MS would revert back to mediocrity. But I underestimated him, he's a good coach.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He's probably the best coach in the history of their program. I thought he was crazy not to try a bolt after his success with Dak there because I thought MS would revert back to mediocrity. But I underestimated him, he's a good coach.
I also think he is a good coach, but I also don't remember any teams beating down his door to hire him. I think that may reflect the overall feelings toward him. Can he coach? Yes. Do you want to work around/with him? Not so sure how people feel there.
Missouri is absolutely horrible, but could they get anyone better? I think both they and LSU should have gone with new blood and looked for either the established winner or the up and coming star. Of course, LSU wanted the proven winner, but it seems they settled for a good ol' boy out of necessity.
I think UT is also a little nervous about replacing Jones. If they get rid of him and find a winner, they will love it. If they get rid of him and miss on another hire, it will set them back even further. BB and KS are both probably done unless they can win at least eight games and upset Bama or win nine games and scare Bama. AU has a chance to win nine or even ten, so Gussy will probably stay.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I can see 3-4 getting axed at years end, to many teams and fan bases upset, poor old Saban has just brought to bear(pun intended) to much pressure. The pressure was more than he could bear. Good line from movie Tombstone I think.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.