Question: How is Brian Kelly still a Head Coach?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The substance of the question wasn't terrible but the delivery was. Should have been like this, "You had a 1-8 record last year in 1 possession games. You lost a 1 possession game today. How can you fix that?" Now, I still don't think his response was appropriate. You have to do better than that when you're representing an entire institution..

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Are we all aware that the Big Ten rejected ND's bid to become a member back when Knute Rockne was coach -- due to inferior academics. I'm not making this up -- read it in a biography of Rockne. I would daresay that they can admit anyone they desire for any reason...
That was actually headed be Michigan's head coach Fielding Yost (Born in 1871 in WV and son of a Confederate officer) and the Anti-Catholic sentiment of the time.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yes, they are. People said the same about us in 2006. The right coach will have them right back in the mix.

"Alabama thinks they can hire Saban! How delusional, all their fans live in the past"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since 1988, ND has had only 8 10-win seasons and hasn't had back to back since 1992-1993. They have only played for one NC which they got destroyed. There is an entire generation of fans who have known nothing but mediocrity with the occasional good season. Nobody Irish fan under the age of 35 has any real memory of 1988. Alabama is in a much better location for recruiting than ND is. ND also no longer has a monopoly on catholic players like they once did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.