2018 Prospect: WR Jaylen Waddle - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: WR Jaylen Waddle

Two words: Jimbo Fisher.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

2. Advertisement

He gone

We may not get him, but by not committing to A&M at the end of his visit could mean we've still got a shot - or at least Bama is still rumbling around in his head.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Two words: Jimbo Fisher.
    It`s interesting how a new " flavor " on the block can swivel an 18 year old`s head. Through an in depth study of JF`s offensive philosophy at FSU, does he feel that his talents will be better utilized at A&M ? Or is it that the change there is just new and exciting, plus CNS and Alabama are now " old news" ?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Got to ask, how much is our QB play and unbalanced receiver stats affected his thinking???

OR, maybe a better question, do y'all think opposing teams are pointing to Jalen's struggles as a passer and using it against us?

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

the latest is that Saban and staff are going to visit him today in Texas. some believe he's been a "silent commit" and has not wavered in his decision to come to Tuscaloosa. we will know a lot more by week's end.

I will say this, it is going to be a big disappointment if Waddle doesn't commit to the Tide. the young man has been a big Bama lean for awhile. he has visited Alabama 5 times and the relationship between him and the staff are just as good as any Bama prospect in this cycle.

BamaNation Third Team Bamabirdie's Avatar

Big A Re: WR Jaylen Waddle

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    the latest is that Saban and staff are going to visit him today in Texas. some believe he's been a "silent commit" and has not wavered in his decision to come to Tuscaloosa. we will know a lot more by week's end.

I will say this, it is going to be a big disappointment if Waddle doesn't commit to the Tide. the young man has been a big Bama lean for awhile. he has visited Alabama 5 times and the relationship between him and the staff are just as good as any Bama prospect in this cycle.
    Trust The Process. (And RTDB!)

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

OC Daboll is expected to see Waddle today in Texas. I like this idea since Daboll can answer any questions or concerns regarding Bama's offense.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    OC Daboll is expected to see Waddle today in Texas. I like this idea since Daboll can answer any questions or concerns regarding Bama's offense.
    and the changes we are making for the CPF.

Quote Originally Posted by dvldog View Post
    and the changes we are making for the CPF.
    I'll be watching for Waddle's first post on Tidefans to tell us what's up!!!

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

I can imagine that being recruited by major colleges for their football programs is quite an experience. One would say that it is a one in a lifetime experience. I could see, if it were me, that I could genuinely tell one staff - yes, you got my commitment but I kind of like all the attention from all these other programs so I want to enjoy it and sign in February. If the staff trusts me then there you have it.

The flip side of that is the staff not trusting me because of what they may have read into my personality (or family) and tell me - well, we need you to sign in the early period or we have to move on to another prospect.

Finally, you have the scenario that the staff really wants me to sign but does not want to risk offending me by demanding an early signature. So, they cross their fingers and hope to get me on board.

Man, the recruiting world is some kind of roller coaster :-) I sure hope we get this kid.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    I can imagine that being recruited by major colleges for their football programs is quite an experience. One would say that it is a one in a lifetime experience. I could see, if it were me, that I could genuinely tell one staff - yes, you got my commitment but I kind of like all the attention from all these other programs so I want to enjoy it and sign in February. If the staff trusts me then there you have it.

The flip side of that is the staff not trusting me because of what they may have read into my personality (or family) and tell me - well, we need you to sign in the early period or we have to move on to another prospect.

Finally, you have the scenario that the staff really wants me to sign but does not want to risk offending me by demanding an early signature. So, they cross their fingers and hope to get me on board.

Man, the recruiting world is some kind of roller coaster :-) I sure hope we get this kid.
    I think this is a fine line regarding the new signing period and I don't think we push for this but obviously have to ask them what are they going to do. This is so new I'm sure there will be lessons learned good and bad on how to handle from all schools.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I think this is a fine line regarding the new signing period and I don't think we push for this but obviously have to ask them what are they going to do. This is so new I'm sure there will be lessons learned good and bad on how to handle from all schools.
    And it wouldn't surprise any of us that CNS is the one learning the fastest and will, once again, demonstrate he's one of the best, if not the best at recruiting.

They may keep changing the rules but one thing remains the same, CNS uses them to his advantage!