2018 Prospect: **** WR Jaylen Waddle SIGNS with Alabama ****

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: WR Jaylen Waddle

I can imagine that being recruited by major colleges for their football programs is quite an experience. One would say that it is a one in a lifetime experience. I could see, if it were me, that I could genuinely tell one staff - yes, you got my commitment but I kind of like all the attention from all these other programs so I want to enjoy it and sign in February. If the staff trusts me then there you have it.

The flip side of that is the staff not trusting me because of what they may have read into my personality (or family) and tell me - well, we need you to sign in the early period or we have to move on to another prospect.

Finally, you have the scenario that the staff really wants me to sign but does not want to risk offending me by demanding an early signature. So, they cross their fingers and hope to get me on board.

Man, the recruiting world is some kind of roller coaster :) I sure hope we get this kid.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I can imagine that being recruited by major colleges for their football programs is quite an experience. One would say that it is a one in a lifetime experience. I could see, if it were me, that I could genuinely tell one staff - yes, you got my commitment but I kind of like all the attention from all these other programs so I want to enjoy it and sign in February. If the staff trusts me then there you have it.

The flip side of that is the staff not trusting me because of what they may have read into my personality (or family) and tell me - well, we need you to sign in the early period or we have to move on to another prospect.

Finally, you have the scenario that the staff really wants me to sign but does not want to risk offending me by demanding an early signature. So, they cross their fingers and hope to get me on board.

Man, the recruiting world is some kind of roller coaster :) I sure hope we get this kid.
I think this is a fine line regarding the new signing period and I don't think we push for this but obviously have to ask them what are they going to do. This is so new I'm sure there will be lessons learned good and bad on how to handle from all schools.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I think this is a fine line regarding the new signing period and I don't think we push for this but obviously have to ask them what are they going to do. This is so new I'm sure there will be lessons learned good and bad on how to handle from all schools.
And it wouldn't surprise any of us that CNS is the one learning the fastest and will, once again, demonstrate he's one of the best, if not the best at recruiting.

They may keep changing the rules but one thing remains the same, CNS uses them to his advantage!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Barring any changes ( fingers crossed) Waddle is all Bama. according to some , he's been a silent commit since November.
Agreed. And for anyone who has not seen his highlight video do yourself a favor and watch it. It is some of the most electric tape I have ever seen.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I was more excited about Waddle than Ross tbh. Waddle is going to be deadly in the slot and maybe as a return man.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

How does Waddle compare to Ross, Copeland and other top WRs in this class?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

How does Waddle compare to Ross, Copeland and other top WRs in this class?
He's smaller and more of a slot guy than the others. He seems to have pretty good speed but he is really quick and makes some crazy cuts. He also seems to track the ball REALLY well when going deep(very underrated skill set). I think he can contribute returning punts too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.