2018 Prospect: **** WR Jaylen Waddle SIGNS with Alabama ****

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: WR Jaylen Waddle

Looks like a great pickup if we can land him! On a side note, didn't we have another player that came from the same school?

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Very impressive tape. Has jets and, more than that, knows how to use them.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

247's Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltforg feels Bama is where Waddle ends up. He'll be in town this weekend for the game (OV). Hopefully, we seal it.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

Wow; he looks great; serious speed and moves, plus looks very composed, in control. He has the look of a Bama player; dominant! Would be an exciting addition to the group Bama has.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Saw several recent CB's to A&M for Jaylen. Surprising but he may have heard Jimbo is going there and will decide to stay closer to home. Hoping that is not the case.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Saw several recent CB's to A&M for Jaylen. Surprising but he may have heard Jimbo is going there and will decide to stay closer to home. Hoping that is not the case.
Getting the ball to our outside playmakers has become complicated lately, I'm sure that is being used against us as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Needless to say, there`s lots of turbulent water out there with all the change and turnover. I would hope that comparatively we would be a beacon of stability. I think it will be very interesting to see what, if any, advantage we`re able to realize in recruiting as a result. If we don`t, that should be the genesis of some interesting conversation I would think.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

To me, if we don't take advantage of this, it means we like our guys. Sure, there are a couple that we may like to have, but "genesis of interesting conversation" sounds like something is broken...it's not...
Needless to say, there`s lots of turbulent water out there with all the change and turnover. I would hope that comparatively we would be a beacon of stability. I think it will be very interesting to see what, if any, advantage we`re able to realize in recruiting as a result. If we don`t, that should be the genesis of some interesting conversation I would think.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

The latest on Waddle is that Bama still leads at the moment, but Jimbo to TAMU has definitely Waddle's full attention.
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if TAMU grabs the lead in the coming weeks. Its always difficult to pull out of state kids esp. when a splash hire occurs for a top in- state school. Hoping our long relationship with him goes a long ways here. we shall see.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Waddle will no longer be signing early per his twitter.
Texas AM and Oregon are considered Alabama's biggest threat for his commitment at this point.
several CB are trending TAMU way as of late.
Waddle has had prior relationship with FSU and Fisher so no surprised here.
he took his OV to College Station last weekend. he has taken all of his 5 OV.

I don't feel confident for his signature as I once did. we shall see, but him holding off tells me that he is thinking hard about TAMU.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

We may not get him, but by not committing to A&M at the end of his visit could mean we've still got a shot - or at least Bama is still rumbling around in his head.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Two words: Jimbo Fisher.
It`s interesting how a new " flavor " on the block can swivel an 18 year old`s head. Through an in depth study of JF`s offensive philosophy at FSU, does he feel that his talents will be better utilized at A&M ? Or is it that the change there is just new and exciting, plus CNS and Alabama are now " old news" ?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Got to ask, how much is our QB play and unbalanced receiver stats affected his thinking???

OR, maybe a better question, do y'all think opposing teams are pointing to Jalen's struggles as a passer and using it against us?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

the latest is that Saban and staff are going to visit him today in Texas. some believe he's been a "silent commit" and has not wavered in his decision to come to Tuscaloosa. we will know a lot more by week's end.

I will say this, it is going to be a big disappointment if Waddle doesn't commit to the Tide. the young man has been a big Bama lean for awhile. he has visited Alabama 5 times and the relationship between him and the staff are just as good as any Bama prospect in this cycle.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

the latest is that Saban and staff are going to visit him today in Texas. some believe he's been a "silent commit" and has not wavered in his decision to come to Tuscaloosa. we will know a lot more by week's end.

I will say this, it is going to be a big disappointment if Waddle doesn't commit to the Tide. the young man has been a big Bama lean for awhile. he has visited Alabama 5 times and the relationship between him and the staff are just as good as any Bama prospect in this cycle.
Trust The Process. (And RTDB!)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.