2018 Prospect: **** WR Jaylen Waddle SIGNS with Alabama ****
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

**** WR Jaylen Waddle SIGNS with Alabama ****

We got 3 CB's for Jaylen today. Guy is electric and can fly. Hopefully we get his commitment.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Waddle-85880

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: WR Jaylen Waddle

Nice little offer list. I pay more attention to O and D line, but an electric WR is fine with me.

BamaNation All-SEC

Looks like a great pickup if we can land him! On a side note, didn't we have another player that came from the same school?

BamaNation All-American

Very impressive tape. Has jets and, more than that, knows how to use them.

247's Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltforg feels Bama is where Waddle ends up. He'll be in town this weekend for the game (OV). Hopefully, we seal it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    247's Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltforg feels Bama is where Waddle ends up. He'll be in town this weekend for the game (OV). Hopefully, we seal it.
    Also we got 2 CB's for him today. Liking our chances.

Wow; he looks great; serious speed and moves, plus looks very composed, in control. He has the look of a Bama player; dominant! Would be an exciting addition to the group Bama has.

Saw several recent CB's to A&M for Jaylen. Surprising but he may have heard Jimbo is going there and will decide to stay closer to home. Hoping that is not the case.

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    Saw several recent CB's to A&M for Jaylen. Surprising but he may have heard Jimbo is going there and will decide to stay closer to home. Hoping that is not the case.
    Getting the ball to our outside playmakers has become complicated lately, I'm sure that is being used against us as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American

Needless to say, there`s lots of turbulent water out there with all the change and turnover. I would hope that comparatively we would be a beacon of stability. I think it will be very interesting to see what, if any, advantage we`re able to realize in recruiting as a result. If we don`t, that should be the genesis of some interesting conversation I would think.

To me, if we don't take advantage of this, it means we like our guys. Sure, there are a couple that we may like to have, but "genesis of interesting conversation" sounds like something is broken...it's not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Needless to say, there`s lots of turbulent water out there with all the change and turnover. I would hope that comparatively we would be a beacon of stability. I think it will be very interesting to see what, if any, advantage we`re able to realize in recruiting as a result. If we don`t, that should be the genesis of some interesting conversation I would think.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

The latest on Waddle is that Bama still leads at the moment, but Jimbo to TAMU has definitely Waddle's full attention.
    I wouldn't be surprised one bit if TAMU grabs the lead in the coming weeks. Its always difficult to pull out of state kids esp. when a splash hire occurs for a top in- state school. Hoping our long relationship with him goes a long ways here. we shall see.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Waddle will no longer be signing early per his twitter.
    Texas AM and Oregon are considered Alabama's biggest threat for his commitment at this point.
    several CB are trending TAMU way as of late.
    Waddle has had prior relationship with FSU and Fisher so no surprised here.
    he took his OV to College Station last weekend. he has taken all of his 5 OV.

I don't feel confident for his signature as I once did. we shall see, but him holding off tells me that he is thinking hard about TAMU.