Who are you taking Clemson vs Louisville?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
2 very good offenses, but only one team fields a defense. I'll take Clemson.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Clemson has a better defense. I think they have enough offense to keep up. Typically, you go with who has the best ability to stop the other offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I would love another shot at Clemson. They've given us all we can handle the last two years, and I would like to take round 3 from them.
I would too.....in January. If we played them right now I don't think we'd win. Their Defense is in mid-season form and our Offense is in Game 1-2 form. I'm not sure we could outduel Louisville right now either. Just a bad matchup with all our injuries and Jackson's Houdini play.

But we won't play Louisville because even if they beat Clemson they will lose 2-3 other games they shouldn't and Clemson will finish 11-1 and Win the ACC anyway.

I ideally really wish tOSU would makes it in again and that we could Beat them in the Semi and Clemson in the NCG Round 3 rubber match. If we could pay Urban back for 2014 and Dabo for last year in back to back games..... I think it would be the most satisfying outcome possible in a NC winning year.

I'm kind of aggravated that Stoops retired because we will never get another crack at him.

The theme here is I hold grudges against teams that mess up our title runs and I want payback...lol.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Clemson's defense is going to destroy Petrino's offense and end Jackson's Heisman run. Clemson's DL is FO-REAL. Jackson's going to have so many blurs coming in and out of his sight he will panic and falter.
That's certainly a strong possibility, but Jackson isn't Stidham. He's a better player period this year in the pocket. I've seen his line get worked a good bit 2 games in a row and he just keeps his eyes downfield and uses almost a sixth sense to avoid would be tacklers. He's at his best with a crumbling pocket.

He's either stepping up and ripping darts or sidestepping and rolling and throwing dimes or takes off running for big gains. He's also getting rid of the ball fast on his 1st and 2nd reads. I don't think they will slow him down. They might even over pursue with bad angles a lot. I can see Jackson hurting them with his legs more than his arm because of that.

Its either going to be a close shootout that goes either way or a Clemson blow out victory. But I think Jackson will get them this year something like 37-34 and that he Throws and Runs for 200+ yards each and 4 Total TD's. We'll see soon.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If I am betting it would be Auburn 2.0 but for some reason I am pulling for Jackson - not Louisville or Petrino. I just think LJ is an electric talent. Insert him in a handful of SEC schools with everything but a QB and they make the playoffs...and that includes the boogers in West Georgia.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Pulling for UL, but think clemson will win because defense wins. Still, if UL D can step up it ain't like clemson moved the ball up and down the field on auburn. clemson will need more than 14 points & 100 yds rushing (2.9 yds/carry) to win. Problem being UL D has not looked to stiff.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I'd like to see Louisville win and throw a bit of chaos into the ACC.

But, I'm pretty sure like I was with the Auburn/Clemson game that Clemson wins out of habit. They are a championship program. They will find a way to not lose to Petrino.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Just going to throw it out there that it's not just about defense in this game. Last year was a 42-36 game and Jackson ran for 162 yards and 2 TDs. So, don't count out Louisville simply because their D isn't as good as Clemson's.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'll go with Clemson. I've felt that either Clemson or FSU was going to win the ACC, but with the FSU QB going down I feel nobody (including Louisville) really stands in Clemson's way to another appearance in the playoff.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just going to throw it out there that it's not just about defense in this game. Last year was a 42-36 game and Jackson ran for 162 yards and 2 TDs. So, don't count out Louisville simply because their D isn't as good as Clemson's.
Their entire team was still reeling from the loss to Alabama until they finally lost that game to Pitt. Louisville was not the only team to tear them up before that game. I guess that I am suggesting that I do not expect a repeat. This Clemson team believes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.