Mystery of sonic weapon attacks at US embassy in Cuba deepens

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I got a little lost reading this but think I got the gist of it; blame it on the Chinese instead of the Cubans.

He discussed the AP clip with his frequent collaborator, Wenyuan Xu, a professor at Zhejiang University, in Hangzhou, China, and her Ph.D. student Chen Yan. “We saw it as an interesting puzzle,” says Xu, whose lab works on embedded security, including the use of ultrasound and radio waves to fool voice-recognition systems and self-driving cars. “It was a lot of fun to try to solve it.”

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Interesting. I’ve a hard time believing it was an accidental thing. Just paranoid I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What would the two devices be and why were they in there, anyway?
They could be almost anything - broadcast radio, modern convenience devices (voice activate this, phone active that) - anything that's not using infrared to communicate is almost certainly using radio frequencies. It could even be as simple as a live wireless microphone in a conference room stepping on a cell tower's signal nearby (something which is heavily regulated by the FCC in the US).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They could be almost anything - broadcast radio, modern convenience devices (voice activate this, phone active that) - anything that's not using infrared to communicate is almost certainly using radio frequencies. It could even be as simple as a live wireless microphone in a conference room stepping on a cell tower's signal nearby (something which is heavily regulated by the FCC in the US).
Seems like it would happen a lot more frequently, then...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.