Convicted rapist sues, granted temporary order that reinstates him to Youngtown State

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
U.S. District Court Judge Benita Y. Pearson heard arguments from both sides Thursday afternoon; a few hours later, she issued a temporary restraining order that forbids YSU from preventing Richmond from participating in football games until the next hearing. That hearing is currently scheduled for Sept. 28, effectively allowing Richmond to play in any games the Penguins have scheduled over the next 14 days.
As of this posting, YSU has yet to publicly respond to the judge’s order. YSU plays host to Central Connecticut State Saturday; it’s unclear if Richmond will be in uniform.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...state-from-banning-him-from-playing-in-games/

Well, I guess we owe Baylor an apology as it appears they do not have the right to kick rapists off the team.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This is one of those things which drives me crazy about our "system."

What kind of craziness is this? We pick and choose which things to bring the hammer down on. Rape. Racial Slur or Slogan. Confederate flag. Homophopia. Hate speech to Obama. Hate speech to Trump. Anit-abortion or Pro Life.

We pick and choose which to ban and which to allow. Some of the hate speech is GOOD and some of the hate speech is BAD instead of all hate speech being bad.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The coach at Youngstown is Bo Pellini and the president is Jim Tressel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
He served his time. He was allowed on the football team. Because of public pressure, they will allow him to practice with the team but not play in games. What kind of half-arsed decision is that? He will still be on campus so let him play.

Rape case background.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steubenville_High_School_rape_case
I'm feeling the same as you on this one. Not to mention his offense occurred while he was in high school. Seems like at some point one has to have at least one opportunity to prove his reformation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.