Leonard's Losers Redux

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
I guess I'm of a certain age; I got all of that. When I was young, my dad and I would listen to Leanard's Losers every week. Later, we came to enjoy listening to Southern Pickwit Football. Great job, Selma.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Given the nature of the Internet - if anyone from Leonard's family happens to come across this, I hope you know that this is intended NOT to mock the man or to infringe on any copyright but rather to rekindle some great memories for a lot of us going back 30 or more years. "Leonard's Losers" was a staple of Friday and Saturday every fall, and the sounds of that Southern drawl permeated all of Dixie, either on the radio or amongst the staple of fans who would tell their other friends who missed the show "who Leonard picked."

A tribute, not a mockery.
If I recall correctly he also published a single page leonards loosers flyer each week that you could pick up at the local convenience or country store. Great job.....

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I remember first hearing Leonard's Losers in 1973 when I arrived at UA as a freshman, and I loved it. One of several things I hated about moving to SW Oklahoma for the Air Force in 1980 after getting my law degree (it beat getting court-martialled) was losing these broadcasts. You hit it perfectly!

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I remember listening to Leonard's Loser's on Friday mornings in the fall when my Dad would drive me to school.

Get me outta here, Percy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.