Game Thread: OFFICIAL PREGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Colorado St...

Status
Not open for further replies.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Just got in from a full morning of misc. tasks......very excited for today's games!

My buddy Hardy Jones said to me yesterday that Colorado State would give Bama a better game than Fresno State did last week. Neither of us saw that as a problem though...:D

RTR!
Colorado State's QB is pretty decent.

Can't believe they didn't give the Buffalos more of a game too.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Watching a little football before I... watch a little football.

So, off-topic note, but this Oklahoma State offense is impressive. Would really love to run a scheme like theirs. I know, I know, (i) a lot of people here hate no-huddle attacks in the same way a lot of old people hate pretty much any new technology and (ii) Pitt's defense probably isn't anything to write home about (although I'd say here that OSU isn't really even clicking on all cylinders today and still has 35pts and 350 yards of offense with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter), but I'm really just talking about the type of plays they run anyway. Super aggressive. Constantly vertical. Better be able to account for and stick to just about every eligible receiver on every down or you're going to get torched.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Just saw this on my Sirius feed. Since we are their second game today, we should have an easy time of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

So, off-topic note, but this Oklahoma State offense is impressive. Would really love to run a scheme like theirs. I know, I know, (i) a lot of people here hate no-huddle attacks in the same way a lot of old people hate pretty much any new technology and (ii) Pitt's defense probably isn't anything to write home about (although I'd say here that OSU isn't really even clicking on all cylinders today and still has 35pts and 350 yards of offense with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter), but I'm really just talking about the type of plays they run anyway. Super aggressive. Constantly vertical. Better be able to account for and stick to just about every eligible receiver on every down or you're going to get torched.
They are just going to keep putting up playstation number against their joke of a schedule.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
They are just going to keep putting up playstation number against their joke of a schedule.
Doubtless. Other teams playing the jokes on their schedule, like maybe Penn State, who played this Pitt team just last week, can watch and take notes on how to play playstation I guess.

Or they could watch and appreciate an explosive offensive style.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

It is entertaining to watch no doubt. Generally though, you run this kind of offense when you know you can't control the line of scrimmage very well especially against better talent. Alabama does not have that kind of problem. This stuff will not win you a single game against LSU's defense. I promise you this kind of offense will not flourish in the SEC. You may be able to beat an Ole Miss, Miss St., A&M team with it but you won't win any championships. Flash is fun no doubt but it just doesn't get you anywhere besides some highlight reels on ESPN.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It is entertaining to watch no doubt. Generally though, you run this kind of offense when you know you can't control the line of scrimmage very well especially against better talent. Alabama does not have that kind of problem. This stuff will not win you a single game against LSU's defense. I promise you this kind of offense will not flourish in the SEC. You may be able to beat an Ole Miss, Miss St., A&M team with it but you won't win any championships. Flash is fun no doubt but it just doesn't get you anywhere besides some highlight reels on ESPN.
It will get one of their players a Hypesman trophy.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Y'all keep me updated on this game, I'll be headed to pick my wife up from the airport. Hoping to catch the last half.
I'd be careful about checking the game thread while driving, brother.

I mean, heck, it can be hazardous checking it while at home... :wink:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Agree with all of that but I would make one exception--the Oklahoma Sooners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.