ESPNs game day is boring!!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I haven't watched gameday in years and try to avoid ESPN at all times. Same format, talk up the game where they are, then move on to the rest of the games, then Tom Rinaldi does his tear jerking piece. Then the celebrity guest picker, someone like Al Sharpton or Ernest Ainsley and then Corso puts on the silly mascot head. Gameday ran its course quite a few years ago.
Love this!!!

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I gave up completely on ESPN and their constant liberal vomiting a couple of years ago. Now, it's either go to the game or listen to Eli.

I even quit fantasy sports on their website.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
They spend so much talking about other games crowd gets bored. YOU are on cmpus hype the game you are at not a marshall citadel game even their fans are not interested in LOL

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Next week they'll be in Times Square. That's a horrible decision. Maybe 0.5% of the people at Times Square care about CFB. It's going to be noisy and awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, NYC is loaded with transplants -- there's probably bar packed with alumni from every Power 5 school in NYC on a given Saturday. I would bet there's a pretty interesting and diverse crowd.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Nah, NYC is loaded with transplants -- there's probably bar packed with alumni from every Power 5 school in NYC on a given Saturday. I would bet there's a pretty interesting and diverse crowd.
We’re going to have to agree to disagree. There will be some there but most people there won’t care. It will be far less than what they have on campuses. NYC is a pro sports city. CFB doesn’t register there outside of alumni. You’re right about one thing- the crowd will be diverse and interesting. Does the naked cowboy make an appearance? (Assuming he still does the Times Square thing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I believe this decision had been made some time ago, logistics done and everything ready to go BEFORE they announced it last week. I also think they will have taken necessary steps to make sure their is representable crowd - even it involves having "paid protesters" of a sort :cool2:

IF they had not done this - would they have been in Nashville?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
What is the reason for NYC? Georgia/Mississippi State would have been a great game to go to. TCU at Oklahoma State. These are games they would have gone to in the past. Other than LARGEST MEDIA MARKET IN THE WORLD, what's the draw of NYC?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What is the reason for NYC? Georgia/Mississippi State would have been a great game to go to. TCU at Oklahoma State. These are games they would have gone to in the past. Other than LARGEST MEDIA MARKET IN THE WORLD, what's the draw of NYC?
I agree - very odd choice. I have no idea how that will look. Folks in the Northeast do not care a hoot about college football and wouldn't even watch the sport if not for sports betting.

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
They need to go back to a 2hr show and have some meaningful, insightful commentary on the big games (especially concerning the game they are on campus for) and get away from trying desperately to build up some penny ante game that no one would even know was scheduled/on if it weren't for ESPN trying to hand everyone a trophy.
I watch SECchannel on Sat mornings but I try to stay away from gameday at all cost. I pretty much just watch the game if on any of the espn networks (other than SEC channel).

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This might not be a popular opinion but the Tom Rinaldi tear jerk pieces are kind of played out to me - at least IRT the college gameday forum. You're all hyped up on a Saturday morning and there's a great atmosphere on the campus they're at and then you have 15 minutes of a somber and depressing story. I do like and appreciate those kind of stories but more in a proper context if that makes sense. Also, there's been more than a few of those stories that have turned out not exactly as they portrayed them to i.e. the Manti Teo girlfriend death that wasn't. I guess those few stick out in the back of my mind which kind of takes away from the authenticity they're trying to portray..

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I always watch parts and pieces of GameDay. The Times Square decision was terrible. I could go on a rant about why I think they decided to do it, but that would venture into Non-Sports territory.

Being on campus is their core. Lots of fans are really upset by this decision. Can't blame them.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
This might not be a popular opinion but the Tom Rinaldi tear jerk pieces are kind of played out to me - at least IRT the college gameday forum. You're all hyped up on a Saturday morning and there's a great atmosphere on the campus they're at and then you have 15 minutes of a somber and depressing story. I do like and appreciate those kind of stories but more in a proper context if that makes sense. Also, there's been more than a few of those stories that have turned out not exactly as they portrayed them to i.e. the Manti Teo girlfriend death that wasn't. I guess those few stick out in the back of my mind which kind of takes away from the authenticity they're trying to portray..
I'm with you Crimson Force. I do chores during the time is used to spend on Gameday. Ronaldi's stuff is all the same. The blame their sinking audience on cord cutting. Could be there is more to it than that....

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Agree that they need to go back to 2 hours, just too much filler now. In fact, they have ran the same story about the blind USC fan, who grew up and is now a USC player, 2 weeks in a row. The exact same story. Going to 3 hours has just killed the energy of the show. I still watch some of it but I pay more attention to SEC Nation.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I haven’t watched Gameday in a few years. I just couldn’t take it. Three hours is too much and has been pointed out the repeat stories form previous weeks or stories they covered already. I am usually biking in that time anyway. Last year when I was incapacitated I typically caught up on ondemand shows I had missed during the week.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Once they started the "guest pickers" bs I stopped watching. I don't give a rip what some sleazy looking bimbo or coca cola cowboy thinks about football. My thinking is Game Day has become an Entertainment show, not a Sports show. If you want to be entertained tune it in. If you are like me turn it off.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Once they started the "guest pickers" bs I stopped watching. I don't give a rip what some sleazy looking bimbo or coca cola cowboy thinks about football. My thinking is Game Day has become an Entertainment show, not a Sports show. If you want to be entertained tune it in. If you are like me turn it off.
90% of the time, I have to google the guest picker to even know who they are. I sometimes like to know who’s mascot head Corso put on then I know who is going to lose most of the time. Plus occasionly we get to hear on F bomb on live TV.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.