Game Thread: Tigers at Clanga

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Grantham's defense is what's going to make Miss St a tough out this year. Yeah, Fitzgerald gets all the accolades but State's defense looked violent last night. They were playing with an edge I don't think I've ever seen a Miss St defense play with. They will be a tough out this year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Grantham's defense is what's going to make Miss St a tough out this year. Yeah, Fitzgerald gets all the accolades but State's defense looked violent last night. They were playing with an edge I don't think I've ever seen a Miss St defense play with. They will be a tough out this year.
Plus, their offensive line blocks very well....

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Miss State looked good but I kept wondering the same thing I wondered last year when they gave Coach Ogre the job: What were they thinking? Did Ogre at Ole Miss teach the LSU AD nothing? Well, maybe Miss State taught them something.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
It will be a tough game with having to stop Fitzgerald. We play them at their place, so cow bells may be an issue. And we play them the week after we play LSU, which is always a physical game. I think right now they seem like the team to challenge us the most. Are they that good, or is LSU just that bad without some of their starters? I did not watch the game.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
They could be 9-0 before Bama plays them. Saban could use that as fuel the week before in practice.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
the way miss st beat down lsu is a eye opener for the sec. they have taken a lot of 3 and 4 stars and turned them into sec competitors. congrats to dan mullens and his staff. lsu is the same lsu. where is les miles when you need him.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I can't help but wonder what Milers is thinking. I don't remember his teams getting curb stomped. I wonder if LSU is on the brink of going into an eternal downward spiral similar to what UT is going thru since they fired Fulmer. :)

I also can't help but wonder what Mullen could do at a traditional blue chip program.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I can't help but wonder what Milers is thinking. I don't remember his teams getting curb stomped. I wonder if LSU is on the brink of going into an eternal downward spiral similar to what UT is going thru since they fired Fulmer. :)

I also can't help but wonder what Mullen could do at a traditional blue chip program.

He's certainly a big time legitimate coach

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Mullen honestly may be the 2nd best coach in the SEC. I hope Florida or another top program that it is easy to recruit too doesn't come calling because he would be a formidable opponent in a hurry. He has slowly built MS State up, and they will only continue to get better with the fall of Ole Miss.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Aaron Suttles mentioned LSU's penalty situation last week during one of their podcasts. After last night, look how undisciplined the team is.

I see 10 presnap penalties. Just a sample of a team's lack of discipline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

LSU players weigh in on 'terrible' call that cost DJ Chark a touchdown vs. Mississippi State

Quarterback Danny Etling and receiver DJ Chark said Monday they didn’t agree with the penalty called on Stephen Sullivan on the fifth play of Saturday’s 37-7 loss at Mississippi State, which wiped out Chark’s 67-yard TD grab from Etling.

Sullivan shot off the line of scrimmage and ran right into a Mississippi State defender as Chark raced down the sideline to pull in a perfectly-thrown pass from Etling that would have given LSU a 7-0 lead.

An official flagged Sullivan for pass interference, ruling it a pick that allowed Chark to race downfield. Chark said the penalty was “unfair” because Sullivan did the only thing he could do against a defender in man coverage who came up to bump him.

“I watched it maybe twice … I watched it (that night), I watched it on film,” Chark said. “I just haven’t watched it again because I felt like it was a terrible call, and I felt like you shouldn’t take that away from a team.

“If you’re not sure of what happened, I feel like you shouldn’t make a decision on it,” he added. “After watching the film, we definitely ran the play the way it was supposed to (be run). To have that taken back, that’s really changing the game.”
Video of the play

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.