Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Colorado St...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He needs to get that out of his head right now and just let Hurts distribute the ball.
The thing is.. he did distribute the ball around. Everyone was so busy being upset at what Daboll was doing, but nobody bothered to check the stats to see who caught balls tonight.

RidleyFosterScarbrough HarrisSmith ForristallSimsHarrisThey all caught ball. Ruggs/Jeudy will get opportunites in SEC Play. Be patient. Hurts went 12/17 for 248 yards with 2 touchdown. What more can you ask for?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
If we lose a game this year this post game thread will be epic considering how we react after a solid win..
Now you know why I call them the Eeyore Corps.

I think we should have an official Eeyore Corps badge and - in addition to the like, dislike, and thank buttons - a "pessimistic" button we could use to mark overly pessimistic posts. Then, the 20 or so most pessimistic posters would "earn" themselves an Eeyore Corps badge that shows up next to their username whenever they post.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
You're missing the point. College football is not the NFL...
You're missing my point as well. My point is that Saban runs his team like he's in NFL... So of course everything will be NFL-atmosphere at Alabama. I don't care about college football or other teams outside Alabama. I'm talking about Alabama and Saban's expectations.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Going for 2 was fine but the onside kick irked me, especially after they failed the 2 point conversion.
Yeah, after they missed the two point conversion, it didn't seem to make as much sense, but stranger things have happened. If we had pounded out first downs and run out the clock, we wouldn't have had to worry about it.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The thing is.. he did distribute the ball around. Everyone was so busy being upset at what Daboll was doing, but nobody bothered to check the stats to see who caught balls tonight.

RidleyFosterScarbrough HarrisSmith ForristallSimsHarrisThey all caught ball. Ruggs/Jeudy will get opportunites in SEC Play. Be patient. Hurts went 12/17 for 248 yards with 2 touchdown. What more can you ask for?
He was constantly calling for designed QB runs in a game that was well in-hand. I want to be clear that I like Daboll and I think he is slowly learning but we might need our offense to carry us this year.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
After watching State take LSU apart and physically man-handle them tonight, righ now I'm not sure we are the best team in our division, much less the best in the country. With all these injuries and players that really are not ready to play being pressed into service, we could be in for some really tough, hard fought games this season where nothing comes easy( except Mercer). That being said, I still think we will win at last 10 games with these guys and have a very good if not great season.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Well, it was 41-10 in the 3rd quarter. If that had been the final score we'd all be reasonably satisfied, so it's 13 points that has fans worried. They scored the points with some of our reserves in the game however. I think our guys just lost some intensity because they knew the game was won. We do need a better pass rush though. Offense played a decent game.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
After watching State take LSU apart and physically man-handle them tonight, righ now I'm not sure we are the best team in our division, much less the best in the country. With all these injuries and players that really are not ready to play being pressed into service, we could be in for some really tough, hard fought games this season where nothing comes easy( except Mercer). That being said, I still think we will win at last 10 games with these guys and have a very good if not great season.
And this post would give you a good shot at one of those Eeyore Corps badges, if they existed. :biggrin2:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
You're missing my point as well. My point is that Saban runs his team like he's in NFL... So of course everything will be NFL-atmosphere at Alabama. I don't care about college football or other teams outside Alabama. I'm talking about Alabama and Saban's expectations.
There is a vast difference in having an NFL approach (Saban's system) and actually coaching like you're still in the NFL. That's all I'm saying.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
.My game ball goes to Andy Pappanasto because I sold him short after the A-Day Game & he had a great game kicking the ball....My apologies Andy..
This was the first time he made a 40 yard kick in his college career. And, he did it twice. I know Ole Miss didn't give him a scholarship, I don't think Alabama did either. So, I have very real, legitimate concerns when I see him out there. Alabama wouldn't have given a scholarship to another place kicker if Andy was plan A.

Having said that, he looked fantastic today. May be he turned a corner in practice (that lead to him earning the job) and it's starting to show on the field. I sure hope so. Also, JK didn't look bad on that long kick. So yeah it was nice to see the kicking game look like a weapon, if it stays that way it would be great. I'd love to be completely wrong about his ceiling as a kicker.

Daboll is still coaching like he's in the NFL.
I don't like bashing Alabama guys, I rarely do so, but sometimes there's legitimate concern. Daboll is not a proven commodity as an offensive coordinator. He's not a proven commodity as a college coach. If you asked me my biggest concerns going forward it would be OC, defensive depth, and the kicking game.

But, once again there's a caveat. This is a guy Saban has worked with before and trusts. This is someone that knows how to be a part of a well oiled machine. Mike Locksley is also still there, and is co-offensive coordinator. I think it's fair to assume this situation is somewhat fluid and the brain trust of Daboll, Locksley and Saban are going to get things sorted out sooner or later. Daboll is on record as saying the offense doesn't have an identity yet and they are still trying things, so here's to hoping that they get the right recipe sorted out. I'm not saying the offense is bad either, I'd just like to see a bit more protecting Hurts and developing his abilities as a passer.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Congrats to MSU, but LSU is garbage.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He was constantly calling for designed QB runs in a game that was well in-hand. I want to be clear that I like Daboll and I think he is slowly learning but we might need our offense to carry us this year.
If it's not broken, don't fix it. Play to strength of the players. Also, I'm okay with Daboll's playcalling tonight. Both side called vanilla game. I truly believe Defense and Offense will balance each other out this year. It's too early to start worrying about the team just yet.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This was the first time he made a 40 yard kick in his college career. And, he did it twice. I know Ole Miss didn't give him a scholarship, I don't think Alabama did either. So, I have very real, legitimate concerns when I see him out there. Alabama wouldn't have given a scholarship to another place kicker if Andy was plan A.

Having said that, he looked fantastic today. May be he turned a corner in practice (that lead to him earning the job) and it's starting to show on the field. I sure hope so. Also, JK didn't look bad on that long kick. So yeah it was nice to see the kicking game look like a weapon, if it stays that way it would be great. I'd love to be completely wrong about his ceiling as a kicker.

I don't like bashing Alabama guys, I rarely do so, but sometimes there's legitimate concern. Daboll is not a proven commodity as an offensive coordinator. He's not a proven commodity as a college coach. If you asked me my biggest concerns going forward it would be OC, defensive depth, and the kicking game.

But, once again there's a caveat. This is a guy Saban has worked with before and trusts. This is someone that knows how to be a part of a well oiled machine. Mike Locksley is also still there, and is co-offensive coordinator. I think it's fair to assume this situation is somewhat fluid and the brain trust of Daboll, Locksley and Saban are going to get things sorted out sooner or later. Daboll is on record as saying the offense doesn't have an identity yet and they are still trying things, so here's to hoping that they get the right recipe sorted out. I'm not saying the offense is bad either, I'd just like to see a bit more protecting Hurts and developing his abilities as a passer.
Let's say, I'm saying for the conversation sake, We win rest of the games this year and we make it back to SEC Championship, but the playcalling is still the same, but a twist here and there and it has worked for most part. Is he still not a proven commodity at that point? What determines Daboll a person that's a proven playcalling ? His success with QB? I'm just asking because I know everyone has their own opinions and I respect that. I"m just curious to what defines a person a success at a college level? Jalen has already improved a lot and those last 3 games showed that. He'll continue to progress and get better. Receivers is better as well.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
MHO? Coaching....especially in the d secondary. Avg at best.... been deteriorating for a decade now....With our injuries and youth (coupled with poor coaching of 4 and 5 * players), we stinketh...
You're hilarious.

A great deal of that secondary, "for a decade now," has "deteriorated" to the NFL. While our defense has finished at or near the top. And we've won 5 SEC championships, 4 national championships, and been to every playoff.

That secondary, though. So poorly coached. Deteriorating.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Let's say, I'm saying for the conversation sake, We win rest of the games this year and we make it back to SEC Championship, but the playcalling is still the same, but a twist here and there and it has worked for most part. Is he still not a proven commodity at that point? What determines Daboll a person that's a proven playcalling ? His success with QB? I'm just asking because I know everyone has their own opinions and I respect that. I"m just curious to what defines a person a success at a college level? Jalen has already improved a lot and those last 3 games showed that. He'll continue to progress and get better. Receivers is better as well.
I'll answer this by clarifying I'm much more concerned about our defense than our offense. If we win the SEC and make the playoffs using this same offensive formula for the entire season, well then you can't argue with the results. I'm hoping we will start to do more ball-control, time-consuming drives to break our opponents' will.

I can't take any more games like the Clemson game. 99 plays is ridiculous...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.