JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Colorado State wrap-up: Alabama won, but it didn’t impress
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
September 16th, 2017 10:51 PM

As time ran down on Alabama’s 41-23 win over Colorado State, Nick Saban ordered his first team re-inserted into the game to run the clock out. It was a curious decision, but not accidental. Nothing Nick Saban does is accidental.

Some enterprising reporter – who either has a death wish, believes he is Don Quixote, or is as oblivious as a concrete bunker facing a hurricane – is going to ask Saban why it was done. Whatever Saban’s answer will be to the question almost doesn’t matter, because it’s as clear as a diamond from here: Alabama, against Colorado State, had failed to live up to Saban’s celebrated “standard.”

Read More Here

Photo Credit: Marvin Gentry-USA TODAY Sports

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thank you, Jess. Not the best outing but CSU is not a bad team and certainly a couple notches above Mercer and Samford. Mobile QBs seem to still bother our defense though. Patterson and Fitzgerald will be tough outs for us.

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
Good analysis. I began to get nervous in the second quarter, and although the outcome was never in doubt, I kept projecting what we might do against SEC level competition.
However, even with the nervousness I can't name a team that is as good overall.
Let's just pray for some linebackers to heal!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Good analysis. I began to get nervous in the second quarter, and although the outcome was never in doubt, I kept projecting what we might do against SEC level competition.
However, even with the nervousness I can't name a team that is as good overall.
Let's just pray for some linebackers to heal!
I felt the same way. I also felt nervous about injuries happening. We will miss Foristall. I hope we can play with no injuries from now on. I am happy and grateful for the win, but also feel a sense of uneasiness due to the defense (d line, no pass rush, linebacker injuries). I also hope Daboll has some more creative plays up his sleeve for SEC play. I just have to trust that Saban notices all this and will fix things. I am definitely concerned about Shea Patterson and Nick Fitzgerald.

I did not watch that game--but was LSU just that bad or is Miss State much improved, esp on Defense? I remember Jalen had a hay day throwing against them last year.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Enjoyed the read. The most impressive play to me was Foster's TD. He showed how much speed he has. It was impressive.

Also, I thought Evans was a Jr. I don't think he'll leave early. Am I wrong on this?

ETA- I didn't realize Evans was a Sr. Man time flies! Didn't seem that long who he broke the Aubies hearts by committing to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Spot on as usual. We knew all of those loses at LB had to catch up with us. Sure hope Evans at least is back this week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.