Cheating....Wouldn't it be easier to pay the officials??

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Over the years it seems that the officials have more impact on the games than anybody else. The last two years, Bama's pass rush has been absolutely dominant, but I can count the number of holding calls on opposing offenses on two hands. Laughable at the very least. So my question is how in the world is it possible to police SEC officials taking bribes? If we can't police players getting 100 dollar handshakes after every game, how can we not say certain teams(other than BAMA of course) don't have boosters bribing officials. I know teams don't know which officials are calling games, but there can certainly be "standing orders", like when the barn is playing UGA or us, make sure you ignore linemen down field.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Over the years it seems that the officials have more impact on the games than anybody else. The last two years, Bama's pass rush has been absolutely dominant, but I can count the number of holding calls on opposing offenses on two hands. Laughable at the very least. So my question is how in the world is it possible to police SEC officials taking bribes? If we can't police players getting 100 dollar handshakes after every game, how can we not say certain teams(other than BAMA of course) don't have boosters bribing officials. I know teams don't know which officials are calling games, but there can certainly be "standing orders", like when the barn is playing UGA or us, make sure you ignore linemen down field.
To pretend this isn't happening in naïve. I have had an ump let me know to "not swing" and he would walk me. I have had a ref tell me "if you hold on the next couple of plays I won't see it.

Cheating is every where, Government, Business, Church, Charities, Entertainment, Sports and Vegas. Why shouldn't it be in Refs and umps as well?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Just look at awbern's home field advantage as proof... :cool2:

It was grossly evident in 2010.

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
Based on the games I've seen and the Mercedes convertible bearing the tag "sec ref", I expect they are doing fine. I sat next to man driving said SLK and he was taking about his beach house. So he was probably well to do and reffed for fun. But it was dang sure "suspicious consumption" if you ask me. #findasafertag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
As an alert observer, I see Sankey smiling with Jerry inside Jerry's stadium with Jerry's college wearing Jerry's pro team unis. Then I see the terrible td called back for a and m. Probably a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.