News Article: Herbie Drops Bama to #3

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
People are entitled to their opinions, and we have had two lackluster wins against weaker competition while Clemson beat AU and Louisville back to back. I would probably put Clemson number one right now because they are the defending champs and have a couple of nice wins and have a very solid defense. I would put us number two with our FSU win and solid play. Oklahoma would be my number three. After that, I'm not sure where I would go for number four.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If we are #1 and do not lose or even get close to losing, how do we drop? Sounds like herbie has some bama envy LOL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Based on what's been done so far, he's right - although Auburn having trouble with Mercer doesn't lift Clemson's pedigree either.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
From a Bama fans perspective...Clemson being number one and us being number three means we've still got a high ceiling to make improvement over the season, while Clemson has obviously peaked too early. :)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Dabo's not CNS but in my mind he is the real deal. Clemson looks good on both sides of the ball. To me, they are clearly #1. But us being #3 is a bit much. Oklahoma still hasn't proven much to me. But they're a solid #3 or #4.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I can see where Bama's been less that totally impressive. So, I have no issue with this. It's where Bama winds up after it's all over that keeps me concerned. Injuries have been affecting the performance, and for every new one...well, it could be a disappointing season if everything else doesn't start clicking and performing to potential. Vandy is going to be very intense.

Roll Tide!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I guess it's time for us to accept the real possibility of Dabo being our coach in a few years. Based on these results, I imagine we'll write him a blank check.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
We need some improvement on defense fast or we won't be able to win 'em all. Re watch last nite's game and look at the mistakes resulting in holes big enough to drive a U-Haul through. If not for team speed a couple of those plays, where our guys chased them down, would have been scores. Not to be too negative, Keith Holcombe had a game for the ages. He was a monster.

CrimsonGriff

Suspended
Aug 20, 2007
GulfCoast of Florida
Herbie says we are #3 now. Probably about right for where we are now relative to Okie Sr and Clempson.
Don't really agree with Herbie (on much), but who cares if he drops us to #3, it's the Third week of the season, Clemson beat a nobody, an under whelming Barn (Defense looked pretty good), and a Louisville team that is a one man team (weak defense). Oklahoma beat UTEP, and overrated OSU team and Tulane.....really. Yes, defensive play has been up and down the last two weeks for Bama, but look at the number of young players we are playing, and the number of injuries. Better to rest your number 1's, give your 2,3, 4's playing time and not beat a team 50-0 and and be rested and ready when you play the meat of your schedule.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Win out and you are in, and your schedule looks easier with every week that passes. All that any team needs is to finish in the top 4.

Just win, baby!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.