Vandy lineman calls out Alabama

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
True, but they did WIN the SEC E twice and rep in Atlanta...Sooooo there's a little short term victory there...
I'm reminded of the Missouri DL who, upon entering their first year in the SEC, said we won't be hard because we play, in his words, "Old man football."

Didn't turn out well in either the short or long term. I was in Noah's flood in Columbia when Eddie Lacy ran 75 yards on the first play of the game.

"Old man football," indeed.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Leaders are missing. Biggest guys on the team need to be the enforcers. Not sure we have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems I saw where there`s an all players only meeting ( Defense ) today? I want to say that it`s being instigated by SDH (?). That`s an opportunity for leaders to step up.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
From a defensive perspective, Vanderbilt will challenge our offense and give us a prelude to how we stand against SEC defenses. I don't think they have the offense to win the game. But I think they have a good enough defense to make us earn it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Vandy defense will give us some problems.

Ralph Webb is a dang good RB, too.

We might beat the mess out of them, but I don't expect a whipping like some.

Then again, Mr. Sassy Pants might have ticked the players off so much with his comments that they come out and put their foot on Vandy's neck in the first quarter.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Then again, Mr. Sassy Pants might have ticked the players off so much with his comments that they come out and put their foot on Vandy's neck in the first quarter.
If that happens, Saban be like, " I got them doctor bills for you fam."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Leaders are missing
having 5 linebackers missing might also have something to do with it. I figure SDH will do his best to lead the team but that is a ton of skill and experience to replace in a short time period, especially on a defense that was already replacing a significant number from last year's front 7.
I do try to think what this would have been like last year with the same injuries at the same spots: No Anderson or Evans to back him up at SAM; No Tim Williams at Jack; No Reuben Foster at Will; and no Keith Holcombe last year.

They may have a come to Jesus moment but I think there will still be some significant growing pains.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
When Jalen Hurts was asked about Vanderbilt's video saying Bama you're next, "I mean theoretically, we are next." Lol

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
having 5 linebackers missing might also have something to do with it. I figure SDH will do his best to lead the team but that is a ton of skill and experience to replace in a short time period, especially on a defense that was already replacing a significant number from last year's front 7.
I do try to think what this would have been like last year with the same injuries at the same spots: No Anderson or Evans to back him up at SAM; No Tim Williams at Jack; No Reuben Foster at Will; and no Keith Holcombe last year.

They may have a come to Jesus moment but I think there will still be some significant growing pains.
No question we need as many LB`s back as we can get. I would strongly suspect, and certainly hope, that the guys coming back have a real sense of urgency to get up to speed. Wouldn`t surprise me to see RE at OLB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.