1 in 4 Americans Apparently Unaware the Earth Orbits the Sun

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
This article is 3 years old, but I just stumbled into it. I find this to be incredible, but it does come from Time. I just don't know how someone living in the 21st century could actually think that the sun revolves around the earth, and that 26% of Americans think this way is mind numbing. What do y'all think?

Link

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Here's the thing, though: Americans actually fared better than Europeans who took similar quizzes -- at least when it came to the sun and Earth question. Only 66 percent of European Union residents answered that one correctly.
Maybe they're asking sports fans after the tailgaters are underway.

Brad4AL

3rd Team
Nov 13, 2010
More disturbing is that one of the questions involved evolution and claimed humans evolved from another species....

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I've told my kids over that a large mass of the American public is stupid. And they breed and vote.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'd be curious as to what percentage think HRC was the most qualified person to ever run (an incredibly laughable thesis) or that Trump was qualified other than in the Constitutional minimal sense (which makes the first idea look sane by comparison).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.