Ole Miss Kickoff At 8 PM on ESPN

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
For those of us that attend the games in Tuscaloosa, I don't mind the 8 PM kick-off in the early parts of the football season. It will be much cooler at 8 PM. The sun is still on my seats in the upper deck until about 6:30 PM and now I will enjoy arriving in the stadium about 45 minutes prior to kick and be under the lights. It is projected to be in the mid to upper 80's in Tuscaloosa that day so the late night kick-off will be more enjoyable.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Ugh, I'd rather have the 11:00 kickoff. So much easier to get up early and get to T-town than it is to be driving home at 2:30 a.m. - with church at 9:30.

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I will be in Disney, so I'm thankful for this late game this time LOL. The later the better so I don't have to miss any of it for that stupid mouse!! :biggrin:
I'll be there as well. Staying at Pop and I think the food court closes at midnight. I had thought about watching at the ESPN pub at the Boardwalk but I don't know their hours.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I guess I am getting older because I much prefer the 11:00 A.M. slot to the 8:00 P.M. slot these days. I even prefer the early kickoff to the six o'clock start times. Since I've been getting up at five in the morning for the last eighteen years, it just makes sense to go to sleep early. I enjoy the eleven and two-thirty games and the first half of the six o'clock games, but I have to hang on to finish the late games.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll willing never understand people having weddings during football season. :)
Me either....especially in the state of Alabama?? I mean seriously. Even if the couple themselves are not football fans they have to be aware of the fact that probably at least 80%+ of this state's population consists of college football fanatics!!!

I've had to go to about 4-5 Fall weddings in the last 15 years because I was close friends with the bridegrooms. There have been many more I didn't attend though.

I was even BEST friends with my local church PASTOR in my late 20's/early 30's who was the BIGGEST Alabama fan you could meet in your life. I watched almost every game with him for 5+ years......Except when he had to actually perform a a wedding ceremony on gameday. He put on a good face about it publicly..... but privately he was always FUMING mad!!!....LOL I always felt bad for him.... but got a good chuckle out of it too...hehe.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I love night games but 8PM is way too late to start a college football game when fans have to travel.
And that's the REAL issue. 8 pm while not ideal is not too bad if you're watching the game at home; I don't like it but I can accept it (of course, that really is bad if you live
in the Eastern time zone like our Atlanta buddies).

But GOING TO the game? It means you have to park by about 645pm quite a ways away to get there at a decent time (I take in at least some of the pregame every time)......then you have a 3 1/2 to four-hour game (especially if Ole Miss plays "throw the ball on every down"), so it's now midnight. It will take 35 minutes or so to get back to
my car and then I'm in traffic and have a one-hour drive to my folks I stay with in Columbus, meaning it's NOW 2 am.

and in my case, it's an additional 600-mile trip west unless I fly out of Memphis (which is much cheaper than BHM).

Yeah, I know, "You don't 'have' to buy season tickets,'" I get that but still wanting to support the team a la David Puddy.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
If no one buys my tickets, I'll be leaving at halftime and listen to the radio on the way home. I went to the Colorado State game that kicked off at 6pm and didn't get home till 1am.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yeah, it's rough. I've done it a couple of times. Once we bought tickets to take the kids before they set the game time. I live about three hours from T Town, but by the time we made it back to the car, out of the traffic snarl, past the inevitable wreck between campus and Birmingham, it was after 3 a.m. to get home. Not much good happens after midnight. I decided that night 8 p.m. games were off the list.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yeah, it's rough. I've done it a couple of times. Once we bought tickets to take the kids before they set the game time. I live about three hours from T Town, but by the time we made it back to the car, out of the traffic snarl, past the inevitable wreck between campus and Birmingham, it was after 3 a.m. to get home. Not much good happens after midnight. I decided that night 8 p.m. games were off the list.
Haha, no doubt. Someone at work was trying to sell their Ole Miss tickets and I just laughed because I would not take those for free. However, if anyone is wanting to give away some Tennessee tickets, I'm your guy. Hahaha. Roll Tide!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I’m ok with it. We have Boy Scout stuff in the day time. Come home. Put the kids in the bed. Enjoy the game in peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
It is just strange to me why it is always the OM game that kicks off at 8:00. Of all of the 8:00 games I can remember, I don't remember one with anyone else but OM. I wonder what's up with that. Not too bad for me, personally. I will be staying in T-town in my RV an will appreciate the night game given my seats are in U4. I won't have to deal with the sun...

bamalee1

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 6, 2002
decatur ga , usa
Bama game saturday night will probably start on ESPNNews

Auburn / Miss St game starts at 5 central--- Bama and Ole Miss at 8 central both on espn -- their is no way i see Auby game ending in 3 hours , so get ready for Bama game to start on espn news channel. just saying

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Bama game saturday night will probably start on ESPNNews

This could've been posted in the other thread, but it's possibility that it'll be aired on other ESPN channels

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.