2017 Week 4 Gameweek Thread (Practice Reports, Pressers, etc.)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saban on Alabama's defense: " I don't think anyone needs to be panicking." CNS must've been reading tidefans. Wait, that can't be, because then he would've said I don't think anyone needs to be panicking about the offense or defense lol

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Somebody body-snatched Saban. haha.

But seriously, he seems to be playing the more 2014 personality this season...trying to support the guys.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

But seriously, he seems to be playing the more 2014 personality this season...trying to support the guys.
He says what he believes the team needs to hear.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Saban's almost always contrarian IRT his disposition of the team to the media. If we blow a team out he's tough on the team and if we don't play as well or win a close game (like Arkansas 2015) he's very supportive of the team..

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I'd love to hear about the meeting that SDH called. I doubt any info will leak though.

To be a fly on the wall...

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I'd love to hear about the meeting that SDH called. I doubt any info will leak though.

Agreed. My "come to Jesus" meetings with my group are never fun for any involved. It feels like somebody has beat the crap out of you and you weren't even in a physical fight. When the team calls it, it's awesome.

Alpha Dogs stepping up.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Me too. I would love to be around the team, practices, and sidelines. Maybe they will let me volunteer to be a water girl? :) Saban did say these meetings can be good or not so good, depending on how the message is delivered. I think in the past, these meetings have worked out well though.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Sometimes I wonder how much of an impact these type of meetings actually have. I guess the bigger deal is that players are self policing in general not just having a meeting.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sometimes I wonder how much of an impact these type of meetings actually have. I guess the bigger deal is that players are self policing in general not just having a meeting.
i do remember that players only meetings seemed to be a regular fixture on richt's uga teams, especially in the last few years.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They probably happen about once a season here and I feel like they're usually a spot check to make sure certain groups of players or just a few individuals are doing all they can for the team. I feel like the last one was probably in 2015 after the Ole Miss game though. Sometimes it is just about refocusing the team after a rough night. Sometimes it may be a come to Jesus. Can't really say not being in the closed meeting. :D

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
"Players only meeting" sounds sort of gimmicky and Auburnesque to me. Sounded like Saban, while allowing it, wasn't to impressed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.