Which Tennessee team is better? Vandy or UT Vols

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
We will know a lot about Kentucky this weekend. Can they finally break through? I think Georgia is the clear cut leader but after that it's mush.
I'm not buying into Georgia yet. I think too much credit is being given to the fact that they are 3-0. They beat a very average ND team in a road game environment that was very accommodating, and that's about it. They play Tennessee and Auburn on the road, and of course Florida in Jacksonville. They get Mississippi State at home this weekend, and if State can force Fromm into positions where he has to throw the ball, then MSU should win. If I was handicapping the East, I would have Florida as the early favorite.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
I'm not buying into Georgia yet. I think too much credit is being given to the fact that they are 3-0. They beat a very average ND team in a road game environment that was very accommodating, and that's about it. They play Tennessee and Auburn on the road, and of course Florida in Jacksonville. They get Mississippi State at home this weekend, and if State can force Fromm into positions where he has to throw the ball, then MSU should win. If I was handicapping the East, I would have Florida as the early favorite.
Looking forward to the Miss St vs Georgia game

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I admit I had my doubts about Derek Mason but he has impressed me. He is doing a lot with nothing. He seems to know defense. Going to be interesting to see his game plan against us. We are way more talented but I get the feeling he is going to make us pass the ball.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
not sure what we really know about vandy yet. A win over a K state team that cant get out of drive, ranked or not, may not be the proving ground its being advertised as. Great win for vandy though, but it seems we've seen AU teams run over K state only to hit a brick wall in SEC play. We will be able to say more after this week.

Right now vandy has better Defense, a better head coach, and more disciplined. so probably Vandy, but I'm not sure we've seen the depths this UT team will reach this season either. So yea sure Vandy is better

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Tennessee clearly has the best team. The OP question should be: WHO WILL WIN, VANDY OR TENNESSEE. The answer is prolly Vandy.

If you want to see the coaching job Blotch is doing, have a peek at this:

Five year recruiting averages

Tennessee - 13.2
Vanderbilt - 47.0
Geo Tech - 56.2

Tennessee struggled to eke out a win with GT in the first game.
Last year Vandy upset Tennessee with approximately the same talent gap.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Tennessee clearly has the best team. The OP question should be: WHO WILL WIN, VANDY OR TENNESSEE. The answer is prolly Vandy.

If you want to see the coaching job Blotch is doing, have a peek at this:

Five year recruiting averages

Tennessee - 13.2
Vanderbilt - 47.0
Geo Tech - 56.2

Tennessee struggled to eke out a win with GT in the first game.
Last year Vandy upset Tennessee with approximately the same talent gap.
If Tennessee couldn't beat an anemic Florida team with nine or ten suspended Florida players...that should tell you something.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.