Which Tennessee team is better? Vandy or UT Vols

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Vandy is better than Tennessee right now mostly because of Defense.
Yup.

With an adequate coaching staff, Tennessee has the talent to be a significantly better team but, with Botch at the helm, you've got to give the edge to Vandy right now.

Just kidding. Tennessee's waaaaay better; they're on the verge of contending for a National Championship. They'd be foolish to ever let Jones get away.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Vandy ... barring any injuries, they will beat Tenn in November.

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
Yup.

With an adequate coaching staff, Tennessee has the talent to be a significantly better team but, with Botch at the helm, you've got to give the edge to Vandy right now.

Just kidding. Tennessee's waaaaay better; they're on the verge of contending for a National Championship. They'd be foolish to ever let Jones get away.
why did you put that in blue, I want him to stay.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think any team with a top notch defense is more of a threat -- and it's not like Tennessee was setting the world on fire with their offense on Saturday. Vandy could honestly finish 3rd in the SEC East.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I think any team with a top notch defense is more of a threat -- and it's not like Tennessee was setting the world on fire with their offense on Saturday. Vandy could honestly finish 3rd in the SEC East.
That sounds so weird but I could honestly see the SEC East stacking up like this:

1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Vandy
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. South Carolina
7. Missouri

...and spaces four through six might be interchangeable.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That sounds so weird but I could honestly see the SEC stacking up like this:

1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Vandy
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. South Carolina
7. Missouri

...and spaces four through six might be interchangeable.
We will know a lot about Kentucky this weekend. Can they finally break through? I think Georgia is the clear cut leader but after that it's mush.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not 100 percent sold on Vanderbilt.

They played against MTSU. The MTSU beat Syracuse 30-23, and then lost Minnsota 34-3.
Then they played AAMU, which has been outscored 125-7 in the last 3 games. AAMU played UAB, Vandy and USA.

Big test was against Kansas State in which they won 14-7. Am I convinced? No. Kansas QB, Jesse Ertz has regressed in the last three game, going from throwing 4 TDs to 2 Ints. I seriously doubt he will improve a lot this year, so his play played a huge role in Vandy's win. If that had been any other decent QB, I think Vandy loses this game.

Is Kyle Shurmur good? Yes, but we have to remember that he played against MSTU, AAMu and Kansas State. So of course, his number would look lot better. Real test is when he is playing against a legit defense like Bama.

Ralph Webb- Running game is terrible. Averaging 2.2 yards? Ya'll said he was good, but he's ... I don't know. He will struggle against us.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Right now I'd say Vanderbilt. Their D is better over all and their quarterback is efficient, does what they ask, and they do well at not asking him to do too much.

By the time they play each other, that may not be so. Vandy has been pretty good across the starting 22 for several years. However, towards the end of the season the lack of depth and the talent difference between their 1s, 2s and 3s hurts them. I've not really paid enough attention to know if that is the case this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.