How Justin Thomas Has Helped Pappanastos' Kicking Game

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
His kicks looked great in the stadium, haven't seen he shots on TV yet. Really happy with his progression!
The FGs were right down the middle. His PATs, however are just clearing the left upright. I don't know what's up with that, but he's going to miss one eventually...

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Me and the crew I was watching with all agreed that one of his kicks, I think it was the first one, was probably good from another 5-7 yards. He appeared to be making good contact on Saturday.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If he can get pretty automatic inside of 40 yards it will eradicate one of our MAJOR preseason concerns.

Biggest thing I see is his longer attempts come out so low that they'll be more easily blocked by 6'5" linemen simply standing up and raising their hands.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
We'll have to see how he kicks when we play a quality opponent again. If I were a kicker I know I'd be more comfortable when playing a team like Fresno State or Colorado State because I'd have in the back of my mind that if I do miss the FG it probably won't cost us the game, whereas if I'm kicking against a really good team like FSU where every kick could be critical I'd probably have a greater tendency to miss in a situation like that.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Place kicking and iron golf shots -- particularly short irons and wedges -- involve the same basics: timing and rhythm. Success breeds success as you relax and follow your keys. I am glad JT called him -- sounds like it got him the right frame of mind.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.