FINALLY!! Bama vs Vandy in NASHVILLE! Some Thoughts and Numbers...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Got a feeling our boys will come out with blood in their eyes this week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not since Nicks first year have we lost a game we should easily win. I think we beat them, not blow out but BEAT them into submission by end of game.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I do believe this is going to be a very tough game for Alabama. Vandy's DEFENSE is tough. Our Offense Line must be much more OFFENSIVE against their defense. We need to CONTROL the ball and wear out that defense.

You know, Vandy does slip up on Alabama every 20 or 30 years. They did it while Coach Bryant was coach.

Here's hoping that we get some linebackers back this week and our Defense SHUTS them OUT! Also, I'm hoping that the Alabama Defensive Line puts lots of PRESSURE on Vandy's QB and the Alabama DB's get a few interceptions to help seal a victory for the Tide.
I agree, I'm probably in the minority but I think this is going to be a tougher and closer game than we want. Another thing is Bama always plays better on the road in my opinion

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Can someone explain to me why so many people were so high on Vanderbilt in preseason? 2014 - 3-9. 2015 - 4-8. 2016 - 6-7. Combine these three losing seasons with #46, #53 & #64 recruiting classes and ...... and ..... and...... I just don't get it. Vandy will be lucky to make a bowl again.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Can someone explain to me why so many people were so high on Vanderbilt in preseason? 2014 - 3-9. 2015 - 4-8. 2016 - 6-7. Combine these three losing seasons with #46, #53 & #64 recruiting classes and ...... and ..... and...... I just don't get it. Vandy will be lucky to make a bowl again.
I don't think that people are saying that they are high on Vanderbilt. It's just a matter of opinion on how the game will be played. The history is full of close games when it shouldn't be .

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I said the history.....not just under cns.
But don't you think it's a bit ludicrous to bring up how Vandy played us under a previous coach vs CNS?

I mean, there aren't that many close games, historically:

I don't think there's anything wrong with someone saying they think this game might be closer than others... .
Of course there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just point out that historically, Vandy has not played us close - especially under CNS. They might do so tomorrow, but that has nothing to do with what happened 20+ years ago.

Attachments

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
But don't you think it's a bit ludicrous to bring up how Vandy played us under a previous coach vs CNS?

I mean, there aren't that many close games, historically:

Of course there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just point out that historically, Vandy has not played us close - especially under CNS. They might do so tomorrow, but that has nothing to do with what happened 20+ years ago.
No, I don't think it's ludicrous what so ever

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I said the history.....not just under cns. I don't think there's anything wrong with someone saying they think this game might be closer than others... .
Nope but I actually think this game won't be as close as many are expecting. I have seen a decent amount of predictions with us winning by maybe a TD. I just think that we beat them by 2TDs or more tbh.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Probably because they return a lot from a team that beat OM, UGA and UT in the 2nd half of last season. Also, they have a decent-to-good QB and defense. Those are key assets for any team.

Now they have beaten a respected ranked team. However, I'm with those who think Vandy is a bit overrated, they are catching Bama at a bad time and finally, Bama has always been a great road team.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Probably because they return a lot from a team that beat OM, UGA and UT in the 2nd half of last season. Also, they have a decent-to-good QB and defense. Those are key assets for any team.

Now they have beaten a respected ranked team. However, I'm with those who think Vandy is a bit overrated, they are catching Bama at a bad time and finally, Bama has always been a great road team.
You pretty much summed up my thoughts :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.