CFN: Alabama vs. Vanderbilt Fearless Prediction & Game Preview

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The only thing I disagree with is the statement Kansas State is good because they are going to a bowl.

Does the writer even know that 80 of 130 teams will go to a bowl? That means the 80th team is .380 of the 130. That's good? LOL.

I guess the writer must be stuck in the past and needs a reset. Good teams used to go bowling -- before they came up with Everyone Deserves a Bowl bowl games..

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I feel better about the game after looking at Vanderbilt's opponents' other games. Not only has Vanderbilt played a weak schedule, their opponents have really played anybody, either.

Vandy Opponents.jpg

Yep, the game being in Nashville and an upset CNS will help out with all of that. Plus, we get people back on defense. I am not letting that game get to me from last week. We have that type of game every year.
Especially if we live the starters in.
Exactly!
Me too. Vanderbilt's defense is good, but they have not seen anything in the same Universe as Alabama's offense, even as we've kind of sputtered a bit so far this year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This happens every year. We come out like gangbusters for the opening game because it's a big opponent. Then we go into a lull while playing the creampuffs for the next few games. I expect a higher level of intensity considering this is the first conference game. It's just hard to get up for Fresno St and Colorado St after playing the #3 team in the new Mercedes Benz stadium the first week..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This happens every year. We come out like gangbusters for the opening game because it's a big opponent. Then we go into a lull while playing the creampuffs for the next few games. I expect a higher level of intensity considering this is the first conference game. It's just hard to get up for Fresno St and Colorado St after playing the #3 team in the new Mercedes Benz stadium the first week..
Not only that but the coaches use those games specifically to get backups in the game and they inevitably make mistakes and the scores never cover the spread. This was exacerbated this year with the injuries we've had.

I respect Vanderbilt, but I fully expect us to be focused and ready to dominate.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
You scored 24 on FSU. Anyone really believe that FSU's defense is only 3 points better than Vandy's?
Not trying to knock holes in your point because I agree - but we do have to remember that we also generated 3 turnovers on defense that really helped our score. so the points weren't all gathered in the raw "Offense vs Defense" tradition. Shurmur has played clean all season but there is still the possibility to add points off of turnovers.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I see the game as a 35-7 game.

If Vandy scores more than 7 points... Our Defense may pay dearly next week.
I think Coach Saban may have got our Defense's attention this week. Hope so.

Vandy has played pretty good pass defense, but their rushing defense has suffered.
We will see how good their front 7 really is. I'm still not sold on the Vandy win over KS...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not trying to knock holes in your point because I agree - but we do have to remember that we also generated 3 turnovers on defense that really helped our score. so the points weren't all gathered in the raw "Offense vs Defense" tradition. Shurmur has played clean all season but there is still the possibility to add points off of turnovers.
None of those turnovers produced points. zero NOTs on the board so far in 2017 for Alabama. All of those points were scored by your offense.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
None of those turnovers produced points. zero NOTs on the board so far in 2017 for Alabama. All of those points were scored by your offense.
That is why our offense may be even better this year, because we aren't putting points on the board with NOT's this year. We shall see.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.