CFN: Alabama vs. Vanderbilt Fearless Prediction & Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Understood, but the offense still had to score against their very good defense.
If we get 10 points by moving the ball 10 yards I'm going give the D and ST credit for those points.

Besides, everyone in football calls scores following a turnover 'points off turnovers'.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It's safe to say that Vandy has not yet faced a team that was willing to commit to lining up and running it straight at them, much less with the athletes to play that sort of game. Even with VU stacking the line of scrimmage, I believe we will have good success running the ball. Close at the end of the first half, we pull away in the second. Hurts will have a least two long runs. I do hope that Jacobs is available for the game.

Can we lose to them? Sure, especially if we turn it over a few times. I'm not terribly impressed with their lofty statistical rankings at this point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If we get 10 points by moving the ball 10 yards I'm going give the D and ST credit for those points.

Besides, everyone in football calls scores following a turnover 'points off turnovers'.
Great defenses stonewall teams after turnovers. Alabama had the ball many times in the second half but FSU's defense only allowed 10 points. That was my main point. Even against their great defense, you still scored 10 points. If you want to give all of the credit for those points to the defense and ST, so be it. But the FG kicker still has to kick the FG, and the offense still has to punch it in against a defense that is very good.

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Not trying to knock holes in your point because I agree - but we do have to remember that we also generated 3 turnovers on defense that really helped our score. so the points weren't all gathered in the raw "Offense vs Defense" tradition. Shurmur has played clean all season but there is still the possibility to add points off of turnovers.
If we can do that against FSU, any reason why we can't do that against Vandy? Their defense is good but their offense isn't exactly world-beaters.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If we can do that against FSU, any reason why we can't do that against Vandy? Their defense is good but their offense isn't exactly world-beaters.
You have a much greater ST edge against Vandy, and by the end of the game you will force them into the same kind of mistakes that Francois made. Some of it is luck, but most of it is getting tired and/or putting too much pressure on yourself and making mistakes.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The Commodores also beat the Crimson Tide in 1956 – winning 32-7 in an easy blowout. Since then, it’s been all Alabama, with only a hiccup in 1984 the only winning moment for Vandy.

I hate this fake news crap and sloppy reporting. In 1969 I remember Vandy beating Bama 14-10 in Nashville. I remember it well.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The Commodores also beat the Crimson Tide in 1956 – winning 32-7 in an easy blowout. Since then, it’s been all Alabama, with only a hiccup in 1984 the only winning moment for Vandy.

I hate this fake news crap and sloppy reporting. In 1969 I remember Vandy beating Bama 14-10 in Nashville. I remember it well.
The game after Bama beat Archie and Ole Miss 33-32.....and it started two years of total medicocrity and an eventual switch to the wishbone..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It's time we played a STATEMENT GAME. It's time we play a game where we score early and often, and never take our foot off of Vandy's throat.
It's time we saw our Offensive Line shove Vandy's Defense back every play.
It's time we put somebody on their QBs, and grind them into the dirt.
I DON'T CALL THAT DIRTY FOOTBALL, I CALL IT HARD NOSED, TOUGH GUY FOOTBALL.
(It really puts a quite on their crowd)
(Makes em want to leave at Half Time) :) :BigA:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
The game after Bama beat Archie and Ole Miss 33-32.....and it started two years of total medicocrity and an eventual switch to the wishbone..
If I remember correctly even Coach Bryant was starting to second guess himself. Of course as Sip said we went to the wishbone the next season and never looked back! No one saw that coming. RTR!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If I remember correctly even Coach Bryant was starting to second guess himself. Of course as Sip said we went to the wishbone the next season and never looked back! No one saw that coming. RTR!
That's when he flirted with the NFL. But luckily, he decided against it (came very close thorough) and brought the 'bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.