Link: Eddie Lacy ESPN article regarding his struggle with his weight.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm very familiar with the struggle. Recently I lost 60 lbs, was doing great, and then life threw some curveballs and I've gained most of it back.

I really loathe folks that can't mind their own business. I don't care how public his life is as a football player and I don't care about the public nature of social media. There is no excuse to behave that way, and I truly feel for him for having to endure it. He's been through a lot since he was a kid. I can't help but think about my own children today, and how we're all just walking on a thin plate of ice and disaster can strike at any time. I really hope Eddie finds peace and keeps it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The anonymity of the internet has empowered cowards to post things they would NEVER have the guts to say directly to someone's face. I can't stand people like that. Pansies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If I was constantly getting upset over mean tweets I would consider not reading that stuff. There is life without tweeting. I would suggest Eddie focus on enjoying the fruits of his hard work and quit worrying about mean tweets. My guess is 90% of the mean tweeters will never be able to afford a Corvette like his.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Something I took from the article is the structure Alabama provides for so many of the players to succeed. Probably one reason players don't do as well in the NFL when they leave college - not just Alabama, either.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
No your wrong. Work is always the answer.
Stop reading tweets and get busy. That will shut the critics up. Or make them look foolish.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The anonymity of the internet has empowered cowards to post things they would NEVER have the guts to say directly to someone's face. I can't stand people like that. Pansies.

People magically become ten foot tall, bullet proof and a Billy Joe Bad Britches when they get behind a keyboard inside the comfort of their homes.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
No your wrong. Work is always the answer.
Stop reading tweets and get busy. That will shut the critics up. Or make them look foolish.
Are you blind or are you intentionally ignoring the portion where I said, he said, and the writer said that he's already at his goal weight for the team?

What work? He's there. He did the work. Who are you tough loving? He just needs to have a good game. Your still stuck on "LoOSe da wate FATTY!" while Eddie has diligently done that.
To date Eddie has only had one down season statistically in his career due to weight - he's proven that he can run the ball well so the only work left to be done is for him to get fed and run behind a decent O-line.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I'm very familiar with the struggle. Recently I lost 60 lbs, was doing great, and then life threw some curveballs and I've gained most of it back.

I really loathe folks that can't mind their own business. I don't care how public his life is as a football player and I don't care about the public nature of social media. There is no excuse to behave that way, and I truly feel for him for having to endure it. He's been through a lot since he was a kid. I can't help but think about my own children today, and how we're all just walking on a thin plate of ice and disaster can strike at any time. I really hope Eddie finds peace and keeps it.
Don't give up brother. Keep plugging. I lost 60 lbs as well, life threw me some nasty curves (mixed in a few sliders as well) and I got off track. But with some encouragement from people around me I didn't stay off the track long. PM me if you like. I know the struggle. But don't give up. RTR!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Something I took from the article is the structure Alabama provides for so many of the players to succeed. Probably one reason players don't do as well in the NFL when they leave college - not just Alabama, either.
you make too much sense. haters love to point out any Bama busts in the league.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This... 100X. The discipline, the regimen, etc., etc., etc. are some of the best things to happen to some of these young men. Not necessarily saying this applies to Eddie, but unfortunately for too many it doesn`t follow through once they leave that " controlled " environment ".

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
I would say that the very fact that the tweets are affecting him indicates that his attention is divided.

Are you saying he should focus on Internet criticism as opposed to putting that energy into being the best he's can be? If so, maybe Saban should distribute newspapers every day in place of team meetings.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I think you're missing the fact that he's human. He's not a machine absent of feelings, emotions, flaws and failures. Most people like to say "I don't care what people think about me", "What they say doesn't bother me" etc. But the longer I live the more I realize there are very, very few people who make that claim and it actually be true. The reality is most of us do care what others think and say about us. I would venture to say if you knew there were photoshopped pics of you going viral on the internet with your real name attached to them. It would have some emotional and mental impact on you. Telling him to live in a vacuum is easier said than done. Even if that is the right thing to do in his situation.

I would say that the very fact that the tweets are affecting him indicates that his attention is divided.

Are you saying he should focus on Internet criticism as opposed to putting that energy into being the best he's can be? If so, maybe Saban should distribute newspapers every day in place of team meetings.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
First, I also struggle with my weight. I run and do P90X 5-6 (both) days/week and am still about 20 pounds overweight. I love Southern food - too much.

That said, if my job required me to eat perfectly to maintain maximum performance, I would. I just would. I would not allow food or anything else to end my career early.

Also, the goal weight was 245, but Eddie has not played his best football at that weight. So, he may have met his contract requirements, but he is still not at the weight that he needs to be at.

But this quote from the article says it all - "He doesn't see how weighing less will make him more effective". Food is his crack cocaine. He needs to fix this dependency in his mind or it will end his career early.

This is not a criticism of him. Just observations. He has choices to make, and those choices come with consequences (positive or negative). Whatever his choice, I wish him well. He has been my screensaver since 2013 (the pic where he runs over a Notre Dame defender in the BCSCG).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.