Man who subdued Starbucks robber may get sued by robber for excessive force

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Given that this occurred in a Starbucks, I wouldn't be surprised if they hire the attorney for the robber and give him the money he originally intended on stealing, plus a life time membership card and ban the man who "assaulted" the robber from all of their stores.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
If he had a gun, I'm sure he would have. He stabbed the guy 17 times after taking his own knife away from him after smashing him with a chair.
Not that I would ever hope something like this would ever happen to you or anyone else, but GOD help you if someone brakes into your house or threatens your family or people around you. Maybe he could have done like Crazy Uncle Joe and just shot two gun blasts in the air and waiting 10 - 15 minutes for the cops to get there and shoot him instead of him just getting stabbed.
If I'm the NON CRIMINAL I'm suing for getting hurt by this guy and for emotional distress for ever being put in that kind of position by the guy WHO IS A CRIMINAL!!!!!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There will be some lawyer, somewhere, who will take the case. It will get thrown out and, probably, the costs taxed back to the robber and, maybe, he will be ordered to pay the Samaritan's costs, if it's allowed there. Of course, you can't get blood out of a turnip, so the intervenor will have to burn a few hours of a lawyer's time to get the suit thrown out. Not right, of course, but there it is...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
There will be some lawyer, somewhere, who will take the case. ...
If someone finds themselves in need of a shady lawyer willing to bring a nuisance lawsuit and wants a referral...they might check with the President. I understand he is very experienced in this regard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.