Hmmm: LSU’s Guice posts, then deletes, picture of him with new car

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Him deleting it makes it appear suspicious. We've had numerous players post similar pictures, so I wouldn't make a big fuss about it.

With his injury and being "very questionable" for this week, he would have time to go to the car dealership and get momma a new ride.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Him deleting it makes it appear suspicious. We've had numerous players post similar pictures, so I wouldn't make a big fuss about it.
Yah, if it hadn't been deleted minutes after posting, I'd shrug it off - you see this all over. But nuking it shortly after posting makes it seem a bit off...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I have zero insight to his personal financial situation. We have had opposing fan bases hurl plenty of similar stones at us through the years so like RTR says - I would not make too much of it. Personally I think anyone on a D1 scholarship should be coached to keep stuff like that to themselves, even if it is fully ligit and you are Daddy Warbucks son. I also know that is an unrealistic expectation for 18-22 year olds too.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It is a little complicated since he posted a particularly expensive vehicle. We don't know the specifics though, (sometimes we've seen people post with sports cars that your average college athlete could get a loan for) but I do get why he might delete it. Nice cars are going to lead to questions and accusations, even if unjustified.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
On another note, it looks like Guice is taking the Fournette route IRT to his "injury" status. I suspect Guice will be very questionable for most of the rest of the season just like Fournette was last year. I don't really blame them for wanting to protect their NFL future but call it what it is. I also find it disingenuous because Fournette was healthy last year until LSU was out of the SEC and national championship picture. Again, similar thing with Guice this year. They lose 1 game and then his injury status changes to questionable..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
On another note, it looks like Guice is taking the Fournette route IRT to his "injury" status. I suspect Guice will be very questionable for most of the rest of the season just like Fournette was last year. I don't really blame them for wanting to protect their NFL future but call it what it is. I also find it disingenuous because Fournette was healthy last year until LSU was out of the SEC and national championship picture. Again, similar thing with Guice this year. They lose 1 game and then his injury status changes to questionable..
Same with Arden Key, too. He wasn't cleared to play until last week against State. Bet he doesn't play much unless the games are close and important.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Same with Arden Key, too. He wasn't cleared to play until last week against State. Bet he doesn't play much unless the games are close and important.
Good point. It was real convenient that Key was ready to go for the first SEC game and, like you said, I doubt he plays much more the rest of the way. It does make you wonder if Guice doesn't play again this season if it's related to this car. There was a lot of talk last year about Fournette "skipping" the bowl game like it was his choice but there was some chatter that Fournette was not eligible to play in that game and that's why he didn't even travel with the team..

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Dealerships will put you in a new car with the quickness. They give rebates that will go as the down payment. They'll pay off your old car. They'll get those payments down to a monthly amount you can afford......just don't ask how much you are gonna end up paying after it's all done.

Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned. Especially if there is a cosigner that has a fair credit rating.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
A new RR will run from about 40 to 90k

But this thread brings the question - are guys like Guice and Key starting to, at least partially, "shut it down" ala Fournette last year?

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
are guys like Guice and Key starting to, at least partially, "shut it down" ala Fournette last year?
It usually is a lack of effort in practice that shows up at game time. I think most players want to play the game and look good, but if you haven't practiced hard you're not gonna be able to play hard.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Just the kind of 'Everybody is doing it' rumors that Ole Sis is throwing around to create the illusion that OM is no worse than everyone else...

IF IT'S TRUE. KID IS SO DUMB TO CAUSE SUSPICIONS ABOUT SOMEONE BUYING HIM 'WHEELS'.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They've ruled Guice out for the Syracuse game. Have to wonder if it's due to injury or could be related to this car..

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Whether the car is legit or not I could care less but if not my guess would be an agent rather than a booster since it appears he got it after a loss to Miss State.:smile:

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Did he post "This is my/mama/s new car"? Could be someone else's. I've seen 30 people take a picture with someone else's fish. I'm guessing that when CNS gets a new MB that more that one player says "Heh, take a picture of me with Coach's new ride". Just sayin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.